This post will be a short one. I desire only to bring forward a serious problem that I have recently been made aware of.
My husband has an iPad. He loves it. He takes it with him everywhere he goes--even to bed. I don't blame him, it IS an extremely cool piece of technology. However, with the awesome power provided to him by the iPad, I believe my dear husband has begun to grow a bit power mad.
Just the other day...our daughter was taking a nap, my son and I were watching a TV show that had been recorded on our DVR, and my husband--being the great, generous and non-squeamish person that he is--was at a local church donating blood. (Side note: I can't bring myself to donate blood. I know it's important--I've needed two transfusions in my time--but I JUST GET TOO FREAKED OUT BY NEEDLES!!!)
Anyhoo, as I mentioned before, my son and I were happily enjoying a DVR recording of one of his favorite shows. And then...well, let me see if I can illustrate the situation to you with an e-mail conversation between myself and my dear husband...
Me: "I WILL END YOU!!!"
Him: "What?"
Me: "Well...we were watching a recording of Phineas and Ferb, when we suddenly found ourselves watching a tennis match. You wouldn't know anything about that, WOULD YOU?!?"
Him: "Not a thing! (with an innocent look on my face)"
That's right! My husband's iPad, via the internet, has the power to mess with our cable from a distance. He could be in freaking Chicago and still make me watch Telemundo if he wanted to!
Now tell me dear readers: Does that seem fair to you? I personally believe that no one should be given that kind of power. It's bound to make megalomaniacs out of the entire world population! Curse you, Apple!!!
Ooo I have an IPad now. Any chance you could ask him what app gives you that sort of absolute power?
ReplyDeleteJust goes to show that the creators of Apple will indeed take over the planet.
Make him watch Spiderman so that he knows the line about power and responsibility. (Or was that Superman?)
ReplyDeleteHe...changed the channel? While you were WATCHING IT?
ReplyDeleteThat is so AWESOME! *cough* I mean terrible. That's terrible!
(Imagine all of the ways in which I could torture Padawan with such a power!)
No man should be allowed to possess such power. It's bad enough when they have the remote control. Apple is rendering the battle for the remote useless! What woman stands a chance against the iPad when he can use it against you from the other side of the continent?
But...did you know that surveys show that Nook and Kindle users are more intelligent that iPad users? Not that I'm saying Husband is dumb. Just that, statistically, you're smarter than he is, and there for more capable of finding a solution. So find a way to circumvent the system. You can do it!
Mynx: I'm not sure if I should just HAND YOU that kind of power until I'm sure you're able to handle it. When you're sure you can use this power responsibly, I will ask my Husband for the key to this limitless power. ;)
ReplyDeleteGeorge: I think you're right. Maybe he does need a little refresher in some Uncle Ben wisdom. I'll see what I can do...
Chanel: I agree that Apple has indeed started stepping across boundaries that ought not to be crossed. I mean, what is this world coming to?
And I think I did hear somewhere about that statistic about Nook and Kindle users versus iPad-ites. Very interesting... :)
Tyler "the Husband" here;
ReplyDeleteMinx: The App is the one offered by Comcast/Xfinity. If you are a Comcast subscriber, it works automatically with any machine on your account.
Chanel: I would respond, but my small iPad-ite brain fro got what I was going to say. I would ask what the statistic says about those of us that use the nook software on the iPad??? Then again that may be too difficult of a statistic for my small mind to grasp... :)
And Candice, I am currently in my joke of a Geography class and I just changed the channel on you again.... (insert your favorite evil laugh).
By the way - a little clarification on "taking my iPad to bed - I plug it into the charger and plcae it on my nightstand after I read one of the books I currently have in my nook program.
Side note> I highly recommend Craig Ferguson's "American on Purpose" to anyone looking for a good laugh; it has a bit of swearing, but it is a very fun read.
Dearest Tyler: Thank you for your comments. And I actually did notice that the TV was set to Telemundo when our son turned it on after school today. Very clever, as always. (By the way, my favorite evil laugh is: Bwa Ha Ha Ha!!! Just for future reference.) :)
ReplyDeleteIf anyone took away my God-given right to watch DVR'd Phineas and Ferb, I MIGHT END THEM. I admire your restraint, madam.
ReplyDeleteSeriously though, I have a Phineas & Ferb obsession. It's bad. Like, my friends won't talk to me anymore bad.
Nicki: It's always nice to find a fellow Phineas and Ferb fan. I mean, I use my 5 year old as an excuse, but I totally DVR that show for me. And don't you worry, I'll still talk to you, even if no one else will. :)
ReplyDeleteooh, now I really want an i-pad.
ReplyDeleteNow Doug, don't go off and start taking over the world now.
ReplyDeleteTyler the Husband should have a blog, too. He's amusing.
ReplyDelete