Saturday, February 5, 2011

Deja Vu, and Hey! Look what I found!

Over the last few months, I keep getting that eerie feeling: "I've been in this exact spot, doing this exact thing before." I'm not even kidding, it's as though I've previously dreamed my life, and now it's all coming back to me in weird little flashbacks.

I know that Deja Vu is something that everyone experiences at some point in their lives, but it seems like at least once a week I get that "I've been here and seen this before" feeling, whereas throughout most of my life, it was once or twice a year. Aw crap! I'd better not have some weird brain thing going on. I don't want to deal with some arrogant "Dr. House" character who will all but kill me just so he can satisfy his own curiosity...but I digress.

For those (VERY few) of you that have been reading my blog for a long time, you may remember this post, and then this one, and again this one about my little fetish with signs. I like to find signs that are funny in and of themselves, or that people have screwed up via their own incompetence. When I find those signs, I've made a resolution to take a picture of them so I can share their hilarity with those that care enough to enjoy them with me.

Anyway....I've found a few signs that I thought y'all might enjoy.

#1: This is a sign that I saw outside the parking garage for an outdoor mall downtown while Christmas shopping. I laughed my face off. Do they really think people are going to follow those instructions? Who's gonna enforce it? No one, that's who! Do you SEE any returned complimentary umbrellas? NOPE!


#2: This was a little sign I noticed at a frozen custard place, up next to the cash register. It just struck me as funny, so I took a picture of it.


#3: This is actually a tote bag I noticed at the mall a few months ago. It made me smile, and Tyler the Husband didn't quite get it, so I sent the pic to my Bestie, Alicia. She totally got it. :)

5 comments:

  1. the blog redesign looks amazing and I totally get the tote bag. A man wouldnt tho

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mynx: Thanks for the compliment on the redesign. I'm pretty happy with it. Women would definitely get the tote bag more than a man ever could. I'm glad we're on the same page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did he not get it? Don't men don't talk to their friends about everything?

    As for the Deja Vu thing, I have that a lot, too. Like a couple of times a month. I don't think there's anything wrong with your brain. I think that Doug's thing about alternate universes melding through the laundry room is just catching you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A man's sign would be "Strippers are therapists you don't have to talk to".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chanel: I think he got it, he just didn't appreciate it on the same level as I did. Sadly, men aren't really the "use each other as therapists" types.

    I never thought of the alternate universe thing! Brilliant!

    George: I guess that's one possibility...I would imagine that that type of "therapy" would get pretty expensive though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is very important to me. Please stay online and your comments will be answered in the order received. :)