Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Intro...

Okay, so here I am, trying to figure out this whole idea of blogging. (What kind of a word is that anyway? "Blogging"-- Sounds like something you'd need to call a plumber for.)

Anyway...in recent years I have discovered that I am most definitely a visual communicator. I'll explain:

Listening to me speak can be very confusing every now and then because something happens to my thoughts somewhere between my brain and my mouth. Things can get a little jumbled up.

Other times, I will start talking and no one knows what I'm talking about because I have brought them in at what I like to call "the caboose on my train of thought".

Writing doesn't do that to me. It gives me a chance to work through my thoughts and put them in a format that people can understand.

So, hopefully this blog will give me the chance to share all of my thoughts with others, from the engine at the front of my train of thought all the way through to the caboose. We'll see how it goes...

3 comments:

  1. I like to look at a person's first post. It tells me a lot about what they're doing with their blogs. Kind of like a mission statement. So I'm privileged to be your first comment on your first blog post.
    I read a more recent post (can't remember which one) and you said you spent a long time trying to get your post pictures to look just right. I think the most important part is the words, as you say here. The pictures are just gravy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brent: Thanks for your comment. I agree that words are the most important part of any post. I remember writing that particular post, and I was just frustrated at the time. Oh well, I figured it all out eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging.... sounds a bit like flogging only different. It shure is a strange word. So this is when it all started... back in 2010. I used to have a huge blog but I had to blow the thing up on account of too many stalkers and managers trying to find out what I was up to.Then I got seriously ill and pulled the plug again.... I know... Is that what blogging is about? No, it's not. It's about meeting people and exchanging ideas. Have you figured it out?

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is very important to me. Please stay online and your comments will be answered in the order received. :)