It's official. I am stepping down from my candidacy for Mom/Student of the year. It's taken me a long time to get here, but I feel that I am ready to be honest with the world.
Let it be known that I have discovered my limits. I have found and acknowledged the fact that I can't do it all nor do I have to.
I have also realized that I don't have to do things on my own. There is no shame in asking others for help. I am surrounded by wonderful, caring people that are always there for me whenever I need them.
I have limits. This does not mean that I am weak. It's okay if I decide to choose sanity over being "Super Mom/Student Woman".
If I don't get everything done at the exact moment that I planned it for, the world will not come to an end.
I don't have to feel guilty for being imperfect.
I am no good to my family as a nervous wreck. If giving myself a break is what it will take to be a happier better person, then I am prepared to do so--for their sakes as well as my own.
Bottling up my emotions/frustrations/anxieties only makes things worse for me and the people that I care about.
Overall, I have realized that I am a good person and I'm doing the best I can. No one, including myself, can ask or expect more from me than I am able to give.
This is my epiphany, and I have chosen to share it with you all. May your days be filled with smiles and self-forgiveness. Most people deserve it more than they think.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comment is very important to me. Please stay online and your comments will be answered in the order received. :)