It took me quite a while to finally settle on a major in Literary Journalism. I like the idea behind it: take fact and write it in such a way that it reads like fiction. It's right up my alley, and I am very much looking forward to taking all of the classes that are required for this major.
Unfortunately for an indecisive person like me, I am also interested in several other subjects, namely English and Psychology.
My interest in English is mainly due to the fact that I'm pretty darn good at it. It's something familiar. I know without a doubt in my mind that if I choose to major in English, I will do quite well at it and enjoy the whole ride.
Psychology is fascinating to me, though. I mean, to be able to study about the way that all the millions of neurons and neurotransmitters in the human brain can work together so perfectly as to form a unique individual mind...WOW! I get chills just thinking about it. It's incredible!
I chose to major in Literary Journalism for a number of reasons. One, because it involves a lot of writing, and honing those skills is something that appeals to me a lot. Secondly, because a major in Journalism will take my love of writing and turn it into a marketable skill, something I can use should I ever need to get a job in the real world. Third, I looked at all the requirements for this major and found myself REALLY wanting to take every single one of the required courses. I considered that to be a pretty good sign that I was making the right choice.
So who knows what's in my future? Maybe I'll completely flip out and end up majoring in something totally random, like Japanese or potato farming.
Anyway, until next time, I hope your day is "Totally Holy Fish!" :)
Or maybe Japanese potato farming! Just a thought.
ReplyDelete