Sunday, June 6, 2010

Why Am I Not Asleep Yet?

It's about 20 minutes till 1 am. The kids are both in bed, the husband is asleep on the next couch, and there's a telethon running on the TV in the background. I just finished the first section of my math homework, and now I'm sitting here with the computer on my lap, and thinking I should be in bed.

We went out to dinner tonight, a pizza place. We ordered our drinks, and I ordered a Root Beer, (which in my opinion is the ONLY beverage that should accompany a pizza.)

Anyway, we went through the meal without any mishaps. I sipped away at my drink, not even noticing that it didn't taste quite right. Just as we were finishing up our meal, waiting for the check and getting the leftovers packed away in boxes, I took a long drink and realized that I hadn't been drinking root beer at all.

"This is Coke!" I exclaimed, and started laughing as I pushed the glass across the table for Tyler to verify. He takes a drink, laughs, and confirms my conclusion.

Now, normally this wouldn't be all that extraordinary. So it was Coke instead of Root Beer. So what?

I'll tell you: I'm still nursing my daughter. I've been so good for the last year, avoiding caffeinated drinks for the sake of my baby, no matter how much I wanted them. And then, due to a complete accident, I guzzled about 20 ounces of the stuff without a second thought!

Well, I suppose one glass of Coke can't do too much harm, but I'll need to be more careful in the future. Mark my words though, as soon as the baby's done nursing, I am SOOO going for the Coca Cola and Dr Pepper! Look out!

Alright, enough rambling...I've got church early in the morning. Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is very important to me. Please stay online and your comments will be answered in the order received. :)