Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Just Stuff...

I have to go to the dentist today. I got a checkup last week, and apparently that whole flossing thing has come back and bitten me in the butt again, because I have two small cavities between two of my teeth. I take pretty darn good care of my teeth, but I just can't get myself to floss regularly. It's a real problem. And it's kind of annoying. Stupid flossing. (Don't tell my big sister I said that. She's a dental hygienist. She might disown me.)

Anyway, I've got to be at my appointment in about an hour and a half. Blech. Wish me luck. I didn't always hate dentists, but I kind of do now. I had a rather traumatizing experience a few years ago, but I REALLY don't want to go into THAT story right before I go in to get my teeth drilled.

Moving on...

My brother KT is officially gone now. He e-mailed us from New Zealand and his time as a full-time missionary for our church is well under way. He's such a great kid, and we're going to miss him for the next two years, but he's where he wants to be, and I know that he is going to be a positive influence on a lot of people. I'm really proud of him.

By the way, if any of you happen to go to New Zealand in the next two years and you come face to face with this young man wearing a suit, tie, and nametag, be polite and say "Hi" to him. He's my little brother, and he's one of the best people you'll ever meet.



Last but not least: My other little brother, MC, (6 years older than Kevin, but 4 years younger than me) is famous in our family for finding the best of YouTube's gems for hilarious random comedy. He showed me these videos the other day, and they cracked me up. I hope you'll all enjoy them too. (Warning: I'm not kidding when I say this is VERY RANDOM HUMOR, so prepare yourself!)

Guy on a Buffalo Episode 1

Guy on a Buffalo Episode 2

Yep. I know. You're welcome.

7 comments:

  1. I also hate flossing I know I should do it more but honestly I don't is it any wonder my teeth are in such a bad way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Zealand would be a cool mission. Lucky brother.

    The buffalo guy is weird.

    Don't eat any popcorn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo-Anne: I know, right? Flossing is one of the hardest of good habit to start. Sigh...someday I'll have that kind of self control...

    Brent: Yeah, I'm oh so jealous. He says it's beautiful there. My parents are actually talking about saving up for a trip so they can visit New Zealand and pick him up at the same time.

    Yes, the buffalo guy is weird, but I found him to be quite hilarious. But then again, I love that kind of random humor.

    No popcorn for me tonight. The right side of my face is still mostly numb right now, but my jaw is already starting to ache as the anesthetic slowly wears off. Time for Ibuprofen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost never floss and I haven't had a cavity in over ten years. My secret, mouthwash, trident gum, and drink lots of water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PUNCH THAT COUGAR IN THE FACE!

    Oh no, gotta get awayyyyyyyy from the bear!

    I have no idea why this didn't show up on my Google Reader..I'm just happy bloggers are sharing the Guy on a Buffalo love! Even if it is, as Brent said, "weird."


    And lastly....AHHHHH I HATE THE DENTIST!!! I will be thinking comforting thoughts for you. Even though you probably already went and survived. I mean, I'm assuming. Dentists. Shudder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, I feel your pain! My mom is in dental assisting school, and she practically bit my head off when I came from the dentist with 9 cavities and a root canal! And I brush like a maniac!

    Good look to your adorable brother! Every single person I know from NZ seems beyond nice!

    And this buffalo vid is going wild! Second time I saw it today! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charlie: Where were you for the last few years with your sage advice? Dang it! Oh well, now I know for next time. :)

    Nicki: Hey Wolf, I've got somethin' for you. It's a kick from a buffaloooo!

    I knew you would be a fellow Guy on a Buffalo lover. He rocks.

    Yes. The dentist sucks. I did survive, but just barely!

    Elizabeth: What is it about dental professionals that's so intimidating? I'm always all sorts of self conscious when I go there, knowing that I've failed yet again to join the religion of Flossism. Very upsetting...

    Kevin will be great. I've heard such wonderful things about New Zealand, it makes me want to go there so much!

    Oh yeah! Hop onto that Buffalo bandwagon people! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is very important to me. Please stay online and your comments will be answered in the order received. :)