Friday, October 28, 2011

It's Just Me...

The house is really quiet right now.

The kids are in bed, and Ty is working and won't be home until long after midnight. It's just me, a re-run of "Wipeout" going in the background, and my laptop.

This week hasn't been anything particularly special. I got a little stressed out by my Statistics homework, but even that seems to have worked out relatively well. I still haven't made a final decision about changing majors and schools, but I am at least planning to apply to the new school, get accepted, and make my ultimate decision at that point.

I don't know exactly why I keep changing my mind about what I want to earn my degree in. I have a lot of interests, and (at the risk of sounding over-confident) a lot of different talents. I guess it's just taking me some time to really find my place, the one degree that will teach me something new and fascinating, but that will also give me something practical to use in the career world. Everyone cross your fingers that I will finally be able to just pick something that I enjoy and stick with it.

It's been colder lately, and I've been a little "under the weather" as a result. It's just been the headaches, stuffy nose, and scratchy throat that I always go through at this time of the year. Hopefully it will all manage to clear itself up soon.

I screwed up this morning, though. My alarm didn't go off properly, so I ended up sleeping in until ten minutes AFTER CT was supposed to be at school. I rushed him over and checked him in. Luckily he didn't miss anything too important. There was an assembly going on, and he made it in enough time to enjoy the show that was being put on by the magician that was there. It was also the day of his class' Halloween party, so he loved that too. He really seems to be happy in his new class, and he likes his new teacher a great deal. Here's hoping this is a good sign of things to come in future years!

I don't have a whole lot left to say. As I mentioned before, this week hasn't been all that eventful.

On Monday afternoon/evening, our family carved pumpkins for Halloween. I have to give Ty his due credit: He opened and cleaned out all four pumpkins. He's a brave, brave man. He also carved three out of the four pumpkins: His own, plus the two kids' pumpkins. I designed and carved my pumpkin myself, thank you very much.

Anyway, have a nice weekend! :)

7 comments:

  1. Cute pumpkins! I changed my major once from Biochemestry to English. We all have trouble deciding what to do. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie: Thanks. We're pretty happy with those pumpkins, but our neighborhood has a reputation for "pumpkin-smashers" so we have to keep them inside most of the time.

    It's good to know I'm not the only indecicive lunatic out there. Okay, so maybe I am the only LUNATIC, but it's good to know I'm not the only who who changes my mind on a pretty regular basis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day I will have to try carving a pumpkin.
    Halloween isn't a big thing here although this year I have some sweets on hand just in case we get some door knockers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mynx: It's pretty fun carving those pumpkins. The NOT fun part is cleaning out all the "guts". That's pretty gross...

    I didn't know that Halloween wasn't such a big deal in different parts of the world, but I guess it makes sense. Here's hoping you'll get more treats than tricks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have my girls with me on Halloween, so I haven't carved pumpkins for years. Maybe next year Xander will care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brent: Tyler and I never carved pumpkins until last year, when Caden was 5. He REALLY wanted to carve Jack 'O' Lanterns, so we did. Then we did it again this year, so I'm thinking this just might be a tradition in the making. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Four pumpkins? Eegads! I complain about cleaning ONE. Half way through and I'm ready to throw in the towel. I love that Caden's design for Adelle has hearts for eyes!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is very important to me. Please stay online and your comments will be answered in the order received. :)