So...I've been a pretty lazy blogger this past month.
What with the end of Fall semester, Christmas, New Year's, and then starting up a whole new semester...well. You get the idea. Stuff tends to fall through the cracks. But allow me to get you all caught up now. Yes, yes I know. You're welcome.
1) End of the Fall semester: I loved my classes. They were so interesting and I learned a lot about my chosen career path. Oh and I GOT A 4.0 FOR THE SEMESTER!!! Oh yes I did! For the first time in my entire life I got a REAL 4.0. No A minuses or B pluses to mess up my GPA this time! WOOT!!!
2) Christmas: Fun. Family. My little brother called from his Church mission in New Zealand. He sounds fantastic. (It's hard to believe he's going to be home this upcoming fall! Can't wait to see him!) There was also WAY too much food--but well worth the calories. My kids got the ever-loving CRAP spoiled out of them. Mainly by Ty's Aunt Jitter. We're hoping she'll be able to come out and visit us sometime this year, the chiddlers really miss her. And so do we, to be honest. Anyway, Christmas was fabulous. I got spoiled too. :)
3) We all got sick the week of Christmas, a few days apart. Luckily, we all managed to be relatively healthy for the day itself. Sickness totally sucks, especially at Christmastime.
4) New semester: My classes seem to be fine thus far, but they will definitely pose more of a challenge for me than my Fall classes. I've only had about a week's worth of classes, but so far, so good. My only real issue with this particular semester is how late I have to be at school. I don't even get home until well after dinner-time. Blah! That's the tough part about being in such a specific program. There is limited staff. Every professor teaches multiple subjects, and each subject is ONLY offered once a year, and at one time. Zero flexibility. It sucks, but oh well. I'm just trying to focus on enjoying the classes.
5) AJ got sick again. Sunday morning (around 2 AM), she woke up and started vomiting. She and I were both up until about 4:30 before we got to bed at all, and then we only slept for a couple of hours before she was up vomiting again. On Sunday we stayed home from church and she pretty much spent the entire day sitting in my lap--refusing to let me stand up at all unless I took her with me wherever I was going.
When she woke up on Monday, she had zero appetite, and wouldn't eat or drink much of anything at all. She was so lethargic and miserable, I stayed home from classes yesterday. Thankfully, she is doing much better today, but she's still not a hundred percent. Poor little thing. Whatever this bug is, it's really taken a lot out of her. I think it should be a law of nature that little kids aren't allowed to get sick. Maybe I can start a petition...
6) Last night, Ty got me one of the best gifts EVER. A nice new recliner chair, just for ME! He also got one just for him, and neither one of us is allowed to steal the other person's chair. Yep. Gotta love territorial-ous-ness. (What? It's a word! If it wasn't before, it is now!)
**Side note: AJ has decided that my recliner chair is actually meant for her. She's been curled up in it pretty much all day, only allowing me to sit in it so long as SHE is sitting with me.**
7) Ty came up with the BEST band name EVER!!! In order to understand this, you will have had to read one of my OLD OLD OLD OLD posts about coming up with decent band names. Go and read it, it's really short....
Okay, are you back? Right then.
Well, by following my brilliant formula, Ty came up with THE best band name ever. Are you ready? Really? Are you absolutely sure? Okay then: The Festering Leftovers!!! I KNOW, RIGHT?!?!? I've GOT to find a band and give them that name, just so I can see one of their concerts! Oh, and to collect the modest fee that would be charged for the privilege of using that awesome name...
Alright, time to bring this update to a close. However, I will be back sooner rather than later. I had an epiphany a few weeks ago that simply MUST be shared. Yep, go ahead and start pacing anxiously. It'll be worth the wait!
The Festering Leftovers, huh? The does sound like a good band name. It invites a lot of different interpretations.
ReplyDeleteYeah! It's perfect! Edgy, thought-provoking, and intriguing all at the same time! :)
DeleteHaving your own recliner is awesome.
ReplyDeleteHope everybody is all recovered from the post christmas illness.
My son's gf spent christmas day in hospital with bad gastro so we know how crappy being sick in the holiday season is
Yes, yes it awesome. I don't know how I tolerated sitting on our couch when I could have been enjoying this fabulousness!
DeleteWe're all doing ok now, AJ is much improved. I'm sorry about your son's gf! Hope she's doing better!
Welcome back! I've always wanted my own recliner. My only worry is that I'd never leave the house.
ReplyDeleteAlso, when The Festering Leftovers goes on tour, let me know. Bryan and the Dictator Tots will be happy to open for them.
Okay, you'll be the first guy I call when their tour dates are set. Stay by the phone, it should be any day now!
DeleteIt was nice being able to catch up with you. I was never that good of a student. Glad to hear that you got through the holidays relatively healthy. It was certainly going around here.
ReplyDeleteAlways good to see a comment from you, George. :)
DeleteSickness sucks. Heck, whatever this thing is that AJ has been struggling with got me, my mom, my sister and my dad. Nasty, nasty stuff. :p
You know, I like the Festering Leftovers, but Suicidal Breadsticks is still my favorite. I'd go see them in concert in a HEARTBEAT.
ReplyDeleteAND....CONGRATULATIONS on your 4.0!!!!!
Thanks. I was pretty excited.
DeleteThe Suicidal Breadsticks and The Festering Leftovers often play gigs together, so you can usually get the best of both awesome worlds. :)