Friday, June 22, 2012

One Totally Awesome Birthday!!!

That's right. Everyone's favorite Candice had her *Gasp* THIRTIETH Birthday yesterday!!!

What, oh what did I do for this enormous milestone, you might ask?

Well...Tyler and I packed the chiddlers into the van and we all headed to Salt Lake for the Utah Arts Festival. If you've never been to an arts festival before, FIX IT NOW!!! All the vendors are so interesting, and all of the displays are absolutely worth seeing, even if you don't plan on buying anything. It's one of my favorite events in the summertime.

Anyway, we got there just after lunchtime, and began the epic journey through the entire fair. There were painters and photographers, weavers, woodworkers, leather-workers, metal-workers, and just about every other kind of artist you can possibly imagine.

Ty told me before we got there: "We'll go through and see everything, and then we'll go back to your favorites and you can pick out your birthday present."

Is he the best husband ever, or what?

Yes. Yes he is.

In the end, I found several booths that I LOVED, but the one that I decided I wanted to buy something from was called "Sugar Post". They work with metal, and the stuff they do is GENIUS!!! Every time I turned around and saw a new piece of their work, I doubled over laughing. I got two small pieces from them.

This one represents my son, CT (A superhero, with a cape and everything!):



This one represents my daughter, AJ (A fairy, with a flowery magic wand):



They make all kinds of designs. If you want to see more (and I highly recommend that you do), you can go to their website, here. Seriously, I smile every time I look at these little guys! They're the perfect blend of adorable and evil. :)

After four glorious hours at the festival, our family went home to cool off from the summer heat and get cleaned up for dinner. Then we headed off to the Olive Garden. Dinner was sheer fabulosity, and since we had an errand to run, we went over to Target. While we were there, I decided that I wanted to get a couple of new colors of nail polish. One silver, and one purple.

Once we got home, and the chiddlers were in bed, Ty and I just hung out and vegged in front of the TV for a couple of hours, winding down from the most epic day EVER.

OH, and just to top off the night, I decided that my toenails needed to be purple.

Then this morning, AJ decided that her toenails needed to be purple too.



Oh yeah. Life is good. :)

13 comments:

  1. Happy Happy birthday lovely lady and you are still sooooo young. (and so much younger than me)
    Love the metal art, I would have spent a fortune just there I think.
    Art fairs and markets are just the best. One day I might even be brave enough to take part in one myself. For now, I just find them so inspiring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the arts festival! It's my favorite event of the summer!

      The metal art is so fabulous, isn't it? We actually went back and got another piece, and I also got this really amazing necklace from a different vendor. I am SOOO going back next year!

      Thanks for the birthday wishes. :)

      Delete
  2. The only artists that we have at the festivals around here are scam artists. That pool table was warped, I tell ya'! I totally should have made that shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, scamming is definitely an art form. One to be respected. :)

      Delete
  3. There's one they make where the little monster has ripped the head off of a flamingo...

    It's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that one! They have a really big one, and a small one that would fit on a desk or something. I love it! I also love the one where two of them are carrying off a garden gnome. Basically, they're my new favorite critters. :)

      Delete
    2. I think I should get the small one and take it to work...I'm still finding little flamingos hidden everywhere.

      Delete
  4. That is awesome! A very happy belated birthday to you!

    See, I think letting someone pick out their own present is great, but my wife seems to think it's thoughtless and I should pick something out for her. But isn't it better if it's something you really, really want and not just me guessing what you want?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually agree. But then again, I'm one of those people who LOVES getting gift cards to my favorite stores for birthdays and Christmas. I actually ask for them. Ty will usually get me a gift card, or let me pick out one gift, then surprise me with one other small gift. It's perfect, because I get the surprise, but then I get to buy exactly what I want. :)

      Delete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday, love! It sounds like you had the wonderful day that you deserved. =)

    (I'm loving that metal art website, too!! I wish they would come to a festival near me so that I could see them in person!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.

      I know, they're fabulous, right? You never know, they may come to you. Or you can just come to Salt Lake's festival next Summer. :)

      Delete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY (albeit belated!) I'm so glad to hear your 30th was AMAZING -- you deserve it! Also? That fairy? Totally in love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love those little guys. The fairy makes me giggle. :)

      Delete

Your comment is very important to me. Please stay online and your comments will be answered in the order received. :)