Friday, June 15, 2012

Post 111. That's Right, the VIDEO BLOG!!!

Oh yes, my dear friends. It's finally happened. I actually did a REAL video blog post, as promised! Woot!
It took me at least 5 tries to get this thing to work, on several different devices. I finally figured it out on Ty's laptop webcam, but it's been such a ridiculous nighmare, I'm SURE I'll never do it again so enjoy it for what it is. (**Cough, Cough...Crappy...Cough...**)

Anyway...here you go. Don't get your expectations up too high, now!



Mynx: For the answers to the two questions that I didn't address in this video, here are the links to my previous posts.

How I met my husband.

The catalyst behind my decision to go back to school.

Chanel: Here is the recipe for the world's most exquisite cookies.

Just be sure that when people ask, you tell them exactly where they can find it! :)

Applesauce Cookies
WARNING!

THESE COOKIES ARE EXTREMELY ADDICTIVE. BAKE THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK. ENJOY!

First, Cream together the following:

1 cup shortening (But, if you're a trans fat hater like me, you can use 2 sticks of butter)
2 cups sugar
2 eggs

Then mix in:

4 cups flour                 ½ tsp cloves               
1 tsp of each:               2 tsp. baking powder
cinnamon, salt,            2 cups applesauce
baking soda,                Preferred amount of SEMI SWEET chocolate chips (NOT milk chocolate!)
& nutmeg.

Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes

**Note: The batter for these cookies is NOT good, but once they are baked, you'll be in HEAVEN!!! Just be prepared for the exquisite aroma that will fill your kitchen as these are baking. 

Also, be sure that you are very selective about WHO you feed these to. Once a person tries these cookies, you may NEVER be able to get rid of that person, no matter how hard you try! They will come back, just HOPING that you will give them ONE. MORE. APPLESAUCE COOKIE!!! 

Remember: With great power, comes great responsibility.

Alright, I'll end this craziness now before I REALLY go off the deep end. However, I feel like I have made a tremendous accomplishment here. I hope you've all enjoyed my first (and ONLY) video blog post.

Have a nice day! (Or evening, or whatever...)

14 comments:

  1. Has everyone been rendered speechless by this?

    I've been rendered speechful, full of speeches.

    "Four score and seven years ago..."

    "I come not to praise Caesar, but to bury him..."

    "Where's the beef?"

    See?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So..what exactly has inspired such speeching? The cookie recipe? My deep, meaningful thoughts on the terror that is Wal Mart?

      Delete
  2. You kinda have a snooty best book list. ;)

    Here I am, English major, literature teacher, and I've only read two of those on your list. (Actually, just one. I've tried two or three times and have yet to read all of Jane Eyre. Sorry.) And I kinda liked Blood and Chocolate. Sorry. I think it was the tone. Darker than I expected. Which made it good. And I remember liking her language style.

    I agree with you on the satisfaction of blogging. Hitting "Publish" is a mini-high in and of itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snooty? Really?

      I guess Jane Eyre isn't for everyone, but I'm not here to judge. :)

      Blood and Chocolate was a big disappointment, I think mainly because the girl spends the whole book pursuing and charming one guy, and then pining for him, and at the last minute ends up with someone completely different. It just didn't make sense to me. Oh well, to each their own, I guess. I know a lot of people did like it. It all comes down to people's expectations, I suppose.

      What was the other book on my list that you actually did read?

      Delete
    2. Maybe Matilda isn't as snooty, but Tess of the D'urbervilles? That's a pretty snooty book to claim as a favorite. :)

      From your list I have only read Pride and Prejudice. Which is pretty great, it's true.

      Delete
    3. Yep. Ya gotta love that Mr. Darcy. :)

      Delete
  3. Yay, you answered my question! I've never heard of Blood and Chocolate, but I read the synopsis, and it made me cringe, so kudos for even getting through it.

    And which of us asked the question, and is responding now? Well, that's easy.

    The better looking one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I answered your question! You can go ahead and feel super special now. :)

      Yeah, that book was a real joke. Never again!!!

      Delete
  4. Boy, that is a creepy snake. I somehow imagined something less sinister and...The puppy just ran face first into a chair. Will finish later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm not sure where the sinister-ness came from, but that's just what came through as I typed my response. Weird.

      Hope little Penny is OK. :(

      Delete
  5. Okay, I was thinking less sinister. I can't remember where my thought was going after that. (She's fine: just got a bump is all.)

    So...onward to...the recipe. I can't wait to try it out! Although...I'm still going to try the dough. I really can't abide making something without eating it before it's baked. In the world of baked goods, you've just got to try it once. Have I mentioned that I've never successfully baked a spice cake in my life? Because the batter never makes it to the pan...I just can't seem to bake it, it tastes so good in the batter form. Anyway...

    That's a lot of shoes. You had me. I was totally thinking you had lost a shoe and that was the half. But then you said no, and I thought that maybe one day you came home and found a random shoe on your porch and decide to keep it because it was forlorn and needed a home. I never would have guessed black velcro medical type of shoe.

    So many people hate Wal-Mart...how does it manage to survive? I mean, I don't know anybody who LIKES Wal-Mart. Or anybody who isn't annoyed by he very thought of going into one for some reason. (No matter how hard we try, sometimes we just HAVE to get something from Wal-Mart. Like my face soap. I was out, Target was out, and I couldn't NOT wash my face for a couple of days...so we had to go to Wal-Mart. But I sulked the whole time.)

    I like your list!

    And I read Blood and Chocolate. I remember liking it, but I guess I couldn't have been in love with it because I only ever read it once and I never went out and bought my own copy. But you know a book you should read? Princess Nevermore. It's got absolutely not werewolves in it that I recall, and it's a nice love story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are going to LOVE those cookies! Good luck trying to stop eating after just one or two. And don't say I didn't warn you about the raw batter. :)

      Princess Nevermore? Sounds intriguing. I'll check it out. I think most of my problem with Blood and a chocolate was what I mentioned in my response to Brent's comment. The ending just didn't make sense to me, it kind of came out of nowhere!

      Delete
  6. So every time I've set aside time for blogreading this week there's been loud audio. Movies playing, my visiting bro playing video games, loud music, etc. I FINALLY made my brother mute his game so I could watch this because I've been DYING to see it! So, reactions:

    1. I HATE WAL-MART TOOOOOOOOOOO! I get hives when I walk in. Ick, ick, ick. We go to Target too. My sanity is worth it. It doesn't hurt that there's a Target within walking distance...that place is addicting. You never know you need a set of cute plastic glasses or a pair of sandals until they're on sale at Target...then, all bets are off.

    2. I don't have an alligator handbag either. Alligator skin and snake skin items freak me out. It's a texture thing. I also hate Jell-o. I'm pretty sure the two are related.

    3. Don't you hate when you have an obligation to finish a book? Like, you're waiting for it to get better, or you're waiting for closure, or you're waiting for you to have the revelation on why that book is so popular...such a waste of time. I've finally gotten to the point where I just close the book and return it to the library. Not worth the waste of my time. Even though I will CONTINUE to think about that book and why it upset me/bored me/ made me hate it with a fiery passion. Clearly I have issues with letting go of books.

    4. MY TURN MY TURN MY TURN! I've never read Jane Eyre. I'm putting it on my summer reading list! I LOVE MATILDA. It's my favorite Roald Dahl book. That man is a genius. I've never read a Christmas Carol, but I think it'd be amazing to read! Pride and Prejudice is one of those books that tricks you -- you think classics are boring, but that book TOTALLY sucks you in and makes you forget just how old Jane Austen is. Timeless.

    5. I CANNOT WAIT TO HEAR MORE ABOUT YOUR NOVEL!!!!!!

    6. I'm glad you started blogging. The end. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you plan to read Jane Eyre. It's amazing!

      Yeah, Roald Dahl is by far one of my favorite writers. LOVE him!!!

      Good to see you around the blogosphere. :)

      Delete

Your comment is very important to me. Please stay online and your comments will be answered in the order received. :)