Thursday, July 14, 2011

Merciful Redemption from Me to the Ad Industry...

Okay, in my last post I said some scathing (though in my opinion well-deserved) comments about the television commercials that I've been seeing lately. However, there are a few that help me feel encouraged that not all people that enter the field of advertising are idiots. There are actually a few commercials that make me laugh. However, I can't describe them in a manner which would do them justice, so I'll just show them to you:

This is my current favorite
This is one that made me laugh my head off, and then I actually recorded it on the DVR so I could show it to Ty (Although he didn't find it as funny as I did. Probably because he identifies with the guy here...)

This one makes Ty and me giggle too.

See? I can be nice and give credit where it's due. :)

7 comments:

  1. I hadn't seen the Sonic commercial yet, not bad. I'm with Tyler, maybe it hits too close to home.
    I saw the eagle one the other day, I think that one is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuxbnWuP6wM

    I win. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I understand, the Sonic commercial was part of a contest for people to send in their own commercials, rather than something made by an ad agency. That may explain why it's not completely idiotic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. George: Yeah, the Sonic commercial made both of us laugh for a good ten minutes the first time we saw it. Yeah,I think the spider slayers would find the second one less funny than the women who get to stand by and watch. :)

    Drake: That one was...interesting. Okay, it was pretty funny. I've never seen it before.

    Bryan: Ah ha! That explains it! Maybe they should let non-agency people do stuff like that more often. It's freaking hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't like the first one. I like my commercials to actually make sense. Ghosts don't buy food! They can't even eat.

    The second one...well, I totally get the girl screaming. That was a creepy spider. (Though she really did have a pathetic scream. I would have been so much better in that situation. They should have hired me to be in their commercial.) But then it came to the end...and I couldn't figure out what spiders and screaming girls had to do with mentos. It was silly.

    I did, however, take a shine to the last one. That was pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...usually DVR everything and fast forward through commercials. Hadn't seen any of these, thanks for sharing, Candice ;)

    EL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Candice - thanks for the kind words on the ghost commercial. Hope you liked the other ones as well. The spot with the robot and bees was co-created by one of our customers ( http://asm.ly/ytBEES ) and turned out extremely funny, in our humble opinion. On August 15 the next round of the contest starts at http://asm.ly/TIHYSweb - create your own and promote it - maybe it'll be the next national Sonic ad.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is very important to me. Please stay online and your comments will be answered in the order received. :)