One of my many character flaws is my tendency to procrastinate any and all projects that intimidate me. Going through my whole story, cutting out key scenes, and rewriting them in the perspective of a different character just strikes me as being very intimidating. I know I need to get over it. It's just not going to be as easy as I thought it would be when I started this project.
Also, I just want to thank all of you who commented on my last post and offered encouragement. It means a lot to me, and I really appreciate your support.
Last but not least, here is a random picture for all of you to enjoy:

Have a nice day! :)
I am a procrastinator as well, especially at work when I have an overwhelming task ahead of me.
ReplyDeleteIf only some people would follow the advice of that sign.
Finding time to write is not easy. I don't know why I decided to get down to it this year instead of all those other years where I didn't have a little baby to care for. But I suppose if you want something, you'll find time for it. Somehow I have.
ReplyDeleteGeorge: Procrastinators Unite!!! (Tomorrow, or maybe the day after...)
ReplyDeleteYeah, I don't know why I procrastinate the way I do. No matter how daunting a project might seem at first, it's never as bad as I imagine it to be once I start doing it. I'm crazy, I know.
I REALLY wish we could neuter certain people. The world would be a MUCH better place!
Brent: I know, right? I started this novel when my son was a toddler and I would write while he was napping during the day. For some reason, that isn't working this time around. I just need to buckle down and get to work, dang it!
How is the writing coming along, anyway? I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work when it's finished! :)
You are the Queen of Signs, Candice. The absolute and uncontested Queen.
ReplyDeleteI bow to your superiority in all things Sign related.
Don't worry about finishing. Just keep swimming...just keep swimming.
Chanel: I can't claim all the credit for that sign. Just do a Google Image search for "funny signs" and you'll find some great ones! It was hard for me to narrow it down.
ReplyDeleteHowever, I'll still accept the offered crown. All hail the Queen of Signs! :)
Thanks for the encouragement. I'll just have to be happy with the few snatches of work I actually do get done over the next few weeks. Sigh...
I get a little bit more done on the new WIP every couple of days. I'm also trying to find the right way to query my complete novel. It's daunting and I hate not knowing the "right" process. But it's more progress than I've made in years.
ReplyDeleteDid someone say something about swimming? :)
Love the picture it is great and as someone who has a terrible habit of starting things and not finishing them for ages, all I can say is I do understand.......
ReplyDeleteYou will have motivation when you need it. Spending time with your kids is important.
ReplyDeleteLoved the sign. :)
Brent: go to my blog list and find one called "Query Shark". It's the site of a publisher or agent who gives feedback on people's actual query letters. I've seen some good advice given there. Maybe it can help you too. Good luck! :)
ReplyDeleteJo-Anne: I'm glad you liked the picture. It made me laugh too. And it is good to know that I'm not the only procrastinator out there...
Mynx: Thanks. I usually find the motivation to finish a project mere days before I absolutely HAVE to get it done. We'll see...
It's a funn sign, isn't it? It made me laugh. :)
...feed your children??? You can't let something like that slow you down. Here's what you do: Go out and get one of those cat feeders, you know, the kind with the little silo on it that you're supposed to fill up when you go on vacation or something. Then you fill it up with Nacho Cheese Combos, and maybe on the wall nearby put one of those upside-down water bottles that they use for gerbils. All the basic food groups will be covered. The kids'll be fine ;)
ReplyDeleteBryan: That is BRILLIANT! Why have I never thought of it before? I'll get right on it! My kids will never go hungry and I'll have the time to finish 3 novels! You're a genius! :)
ReplyDelete