As he approached her, he took a moment to absorb the way she looked. Her hair was smooth and falling softly into her eyes. He smiled as she tucked a few strands behind her ear. Her legs were swathed in a pair of gray sweatpants and her torso was covered with her favorite sweatshirt. He couldn't help shaking his head at the look of concentration on her face as she studied her textbook. She wasn't dolled up in her nicest clothes or wearing makeup, but it didn't matter. She was still beautiful to him.
"Hey," he began quietly.
"Mmm?" she replied, distractedly.
"What do you think about going out of town for our anniversary this year?"
She looked up and studied his face for a moment, unsure if he was being serious. His face remained clear and open. He was serious. She took a moment to think before answering.
"Well," she began, "that would sure be a lot of fun. Do you think we can do it, you know, with school and everything?"
He smiled, pleased that she seemed open to the idea. "Yeah, we could go during Spring Break."
She nodded, still unsure. "I guess we could look into it."
"Okay," he said. He fell silent, because he knew she was only half listening to him. She was studying for a big test, after all. How little she suspected just what he was planning for them...
To Be Continued...
The line about tucking "a few strands behind her ear" made me think of Zombieland. Hopefully you've seen it and aren't offended by how that sounds. Hope the trip is nice.
ReplyDeleteGeorge: I'm not offended, but I've never actually seen that show. However, I'm glad you enjoyed it. And thanks for the well-wishes. I'm sure the trip will be very nice. :)
ReplyDeleteThe idea is that Jesse Eisenberg has never tucked a girls hair behind her ear and now this plague turning people into zombies occurs and doesn't help his chances. It's one of the things he wants to do I guess. Not a movie for the kids.
ReplyDeleteGeorge: Hmmm...interesting. Probably not my kind of movie, though. I'm not really into the whole zombie idea.
ReplyDeleteI HOPE THIS IS A TRUE STORY AND I HOPE YOU ARE GOING SOMEWHERE FABULOUS!! Caps totally necessary.
ReplyDeleteNicki: It is. And we are. :)
ReplyDeleteYAY FOR YOUR VACATION!
ReplyDeleteI also thought of Zombieland when you said the tucking the hair behind the ear thing.
"Someone's in danger of having her hair brushed behind her ear!" You should see it. There's a lot of human on Zombie violence, which is way more palatable than Zombie on human violence.
Yea! Trips are the best! The traveling kind that is, not the falling kind, falling is not cool, hurts a bit....
ReplyDeleteChanel: Thanks! I'm still not sure about the movie thing, but it's funny that you and George both thought of the same thing. Interesing...
ReplyDeleteMs Jenna: I've had my fair share of the painful kind of trips. I think I deserve one of the fun ones. :)
I thought of it first, I swear. George just got to say it first because I was working and unable to comment until I got home. And then I saw that George had already said it and I was like, "Well there goes my brilliant comment." So I had to revise what I'd been planning to say ALL day and wound up with THAT wimpy thing.
ReplyDeleteChanel: I believe you. And I didn't think it was wimpy, really. :)
ReplyDelete