
On Valentine's Day, my good friend Chanel gave me an award. That's right, an award! Woot!
The Stylish Blogger Award is indeed a great honor, and makes me feel fabulous because it means that the two hours I spent rearranging the layout for my blog has been appreiciated.
As is the case with most of these awards, there are rules to be followed. Therefore, I shall not disturb the wisdom of our blogging forbears and dance the necessary dance.
Rules:
1) Link back to the person that gave me the award. (Check!)
2) Share seven things about myself.
3) Pass it on to ten new blogs that I'm following.
4) Tell them I gave them an award. (I may "forget" about this one)
Well, since I already linked back to Chanel's Neurotic Fabulosity, I will now tell seven things about myself. Brace yourself.
1) I am the second of six children. I come from a big family and LOVE IT! We are all quite close to each other, and we spend (almost) every Sunday evening at my parents' house. However, even though I loved being a part of a big family, I never actually wanted to be the mother of a whole bunch of children of my own. I have two beautiful kids, a boy and a girl, and they're keeping me plenty busy for the time being.
2) I currently live in the same neighborhood I grew up in. It's a wonderful little place, and after living in a different city for the first four years of my marriage, Tyler and I decided that this was where we wanted our kids to grow up. So here we are.
3) I've always wanted to learn sign language. I have no idea why, it's just something that's been on my list of stuff I REALLY want to learn since as long as I can remember. I plan to take some classes before I graduate with my Bachelor's degree.
4) I love music. I play the piano (I'm incredibly average), I also play the guitar (average), and sing. I was actually a choir geek in high school, and at the time my proudest accomplishments included my being selected for the audition-only, very exclusive show choirs during my Junior and Senior years.
5) I've been to two countries other than the United States: Canada and Mexico. However, I've ALWAYS wanted to visit England. Tyler's greatest wish has always been to visit the land of the Beatles as well, so together we plan to make it happen someday!
6) I'm an average cook overall, but there are a few things that I make VERY well: Lasagna, Brownies, Applesauce Cookies (Holy crap, those things are AWESOME!), from scratch double layer chocolate cake, and of course chocolate chip cookie dough. I'm famous for that one.
7) I am currently taking a Biological Psychology class. It's freaking AMAZING!!! This is definitely a subject I can sink my teeth into and never let go. I even got to hold a real human brain in my (latex gloved) hands! It was an incredibly humbling experience. I mean think about it: Holding in your hands what is left of an actual person's whole life: memories, personality, everything. Very awe-inspiring.
Well, there you have it. Now to pass the love along...
First, I think I'll have to give this award to my good friend Mynx over at Dribble. Not only is she the sweetest Aussie EVER, she was my first follower and has become a good blogging friend. She's a mom with a sexy flair and zest for life. (Not to mention the fact that she has recently changed her blog layout to an unusual but oh so sexy black, white and red motif. Fab!) Love her!
Second, I would like to give this award to Doug at "I Like Cheese". He wins because of his blog's non-stylized style. I think I'll call it: "Simple." Not to mention the fact that he's a funny guy that makes me laugh. That makes him a winner in my book.
Also, I think George at "It's Time That I Said Something About This" deserves the award because of his simple, masculine blog layout. It's tasteful, and I think it should be recognized. Besides, he's an honest person that's not afraid to show his true self.
Next, I believe Nicki at "The Loaded Handbag" deserves recognition. Her black background coupled with her AMAZING photographs gives her blog a nice, "pretentious" as she calls it, atmosphere. Also, she's funny and has a great attitude. Besides, she invented "Swedish Fish Day" and that deserves an award so far as I'm concerned!
I also enjoy going over to visit "Drake's Doomsday Corner". He's funny, and can pretty much tell you anything you want to know (and then some) about movies and video games.
Number six on the list is Marsy at "Giddy Fingers." She's hilarious, and draws AMAZING pictures with her computer. They're fabulous.
I can't give out Stylish Awards without including the awesomeness of Charles at "In Review: Stuff and Things." After a painfully long absence, Charles has recently returned to the blogosphere to honor all of us with his wit and fantastic writing. Welcome back, Charles!
Next, I feel the need to "tag back" to Chanel over at "Fabulously Neurotic." She's funny, and writes honest posts about her life with her boyfriend "Padawan", her dog "Choo Choo" and her ghost who she has dubbed "Kane". She's another fellow blogger that's been hanging around my blog for quite a while and I consider her to be one of my blogging friends as well. Besides, her blog layout changes on a regular basis, and it's fun to see what she'll do next!
I still have two awards to give out, so I'll throw in a shout out to Scott over at "Scott's Tip of the Day" and Alexa at "Loose Leaf Writing". Scott makes me laugh like a maniac. He's hilarious. Just try his blog, you'll see what I mean. Alexa hasn't posted anything for a couple of months, but she's still one of my blogging heroes. She's funny, but she makes you think too.
Alright, time for the rambling to be over now. Thanks again for the award, Miss Chanel.
Later! :)
The Stylish Blogger Award is indeed a great honor, and makes me feel fabulous because it means that the two hours I spent rearranging the layout for my blog has been appreiciated.
As is the case with most of these awards, there are rules to be followed. Therefore, I shall not disturb the wisdom of our blogging forbears and dance the necessary dance.
Rules:
1) Link back to the person that gave me the award. (Check!)
2) Share seven things about myself.
3) Pass it on to ten new blogs that I'm following.
4) Tell them I gave them an award. (I may "forget" about this one)
Well, since I already linked back to Chanel's Neurotic Fabulosity, I will now tell seven things about myself. Brace yourself.
1) I am the second of six children. I come from a big family and LOVE IT! We are all quite close to each other, and we spend (almost) every Sunday evening at my parents' house. However, even though I loved being a part of a big family, I never actually wanted to be the mother of a whole bunch of children of my own. I have two beautiful kids, a boy and a girl, and they're keeping me plenty busy for the time being.
2) I currently live in the same neighborhood I grew up in. It's a wonderful little place, and after living in a different city for the first four years of my marriage, Tyler and I decided that this was where we wanted our kids to grow up. So here we are.
3) I've always wanted to learn sign language. I have no idea why, it's just something that's been on my list of stuff I REALLY want to learn since as long as I can remember. I plan to take some classes before I graduate with my Bachelor's degree.
4) I love music. I play the piano (I'm incredibly average), I also play the guitar (average), and sing. I was actually a choir geek in high school, and at the time my proudest accomplishments included my being selected for the audition-only, very exclusive show choirs during my Junior and Senior years.
5) I've been to two countries other than the United States: Canada and Mexico. However, I've ALWAYS wanted to visit England. Tyler's greatest wish has always been to visit the land of the Beatles as well, so together we plan to make it happen someday!
6) I'm an average cook overall, but there are a few things that I make VERY well: Lasagna, Brownies, Applesauce Cookies (Holy crap, those things are AWESOME!), from scratch double layer chocolate cake, and of course chocolate chip cookie dough. I'm famous for that one.
7) I am currently taking a Biological Psychology class. It's freaking AMAZING!!! This is definitely a subject I can sink my teeth into and never let go. I even got to hold a real human brain in my (latex gloved) hands! It was an incredibly humbling experience. I mean think about it: Holding in your hands what is left of an actual person's whole life: memories, personality, everything. Very awe-inspiring.
Well, there you have it. Now to pass the love along...
First, I think I'll have to give this award to my good friend Mynx over at Dribble. Not only is she the sweetest Aussie EVER, she was my first follower and has become a good blogging friend. She's a mom with a sexy flair and zest for life. (Not to mention the fact that she has recently changed her blog layout to an unusual but oh so sexy black, white and red motif. Fab!) Love her!
Second, I would like to give this award to Doug at "I Like Cheese". He wins because of his blog's non-stylized style. I think I'll call it: "Simple." Not to mention the fact that he's a funny guy that makes me laugh. That makes him a winner in my book.
Also, I think George at "It's Time That I Said Something About This" deserves the award because of his simple, masculine blog layout. It's tasteful, and I think it should be recognized. Besides, he's an honest person that's not afraid to show his true self.
Next, I believe Nicki at "The Loaded Handbag" deserves recognition. Her black background coupled with her AMAZING photographs gives her blog a nice, "pretentious" as she calls it, atmosphere. Also, she's funny and has a great attitude. Besides, she invented "Swedish Fish Day" and that deserves an award so far as I'm concerned!
I also enjoy going over to visit "Drake's Doomsday Corner". He's funny, and can pretty much tell you anything you want to know (and then some) about movies and video games.
Number six on the list is Marsy at "Giddy Fingers." She's hilarious, and draws AMAZING pictures with her computer. They're fabulous.
I can't give out Stylish Awards without including the awesomeness of Charles at "In Review: Stuff and Things." After a painfully long absence, Charles has recently returned to the blogosphere to honor all of us with his wit and fantastic writing. Welcome back, Charles!
Next, I feel the need to "tag back" to Chanel over at "Fabulously Neurotic." She's funny, and writes honest posts about her life with her boyfriend "Padawan", her dog "Choo Choo" and her ghost who she has dubbed "Kane". She's another fellow blogger that's been hanging around my blog for quite a while and I consider her to be one of my blogging friends as well. Besides, her blog layout changes on a regular basis, and it's fun to see what she'll do next!
I still have two awards to give out, so I'll throw in a shout out to Scott over at "Scott's Tip of the Day" and Alexa at "Loose Leaf Writing". Scott makes me laugh like a maniac. He's hilarious. Just try his blog, you'll see what I mean. Alexa hasn't posted anything for a couple of months, but she's still one of my blogging heroes. She's funny, but she makes you think too.
Alright, time for the rambling to be over now. Thanks again for the award, Miss Chanel.
Later! :)
I'm doing this all out of order but I gotta say...a human brain? Yuck!
ReplyDeleteApplesauce cookies? You know you have to e-mail me that one, too. BTW, Padawan finished off the last of the brownies.
Wow. I come from a family of four children (not including step sisters) and I think that three sisters are a pain. I can't imagine FIVE siblings. (Actually, I can and it's scary.) But you were one of the older ones. That must have been nice.
Whee! I got the award back, but since I already did it that means I don't have to do it again, right? I don't think I have seven more somethings to say, except that I'm thinking of changing my blog layout again. But that doesn't surprise anyone, does it?
Chanel was right, your blog design is adorable. In fact you've inspired another visit to shabbyblogs just for kicks. I love their stuff!
ReplyDeleteThank you Candice.
ReplyDeleteI would like some applesauce cookies please. If I give you my address will you mail them to me?
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you very much for the recognition of my (lack of) style :)
Congrats on your award and for your fantabulous new blog design. Well done!
ReplyDeleteKudos to the bloggers you awarded as well.
Suddenly I'm hungry for some cookies...
http://rantersbox.blogspot.com/
Chanel: If you think those brownies disappeared fast, you will be STUNNED by how quickly those applesauce cookies will vanish. They're spectacular! (I'll try to get the recipe to you soon, after I get this big psych test over with! And holding a human brain is not as gross as you might think. The only unpleasant part was the smell of the formaldehyde. Blech!)
ReplyDeleteI came from a family of 4 girls and 2 boys. I don't know how my brothers survived living with all that estrogen, but I'm glad they did. But I'm not lying, I really love being in a big family. :)
PS: Yes, you are definitely exempt from passing the award on again. I just thought you deserved to get it twice.
(PS: ShabbyBlogs.com is where I get these cute templates. They're free, and I think they've got some styles that will suit you nicely.)
Ms. Jenna: Welcome! And thank you for the compliment. Shabby Blogs is fabulous, isn't it? I'll have to pop back over to your blog and see what else you've found. :)
George: You are very welcome. Thanks for being awesome.
Doug: I'm not sure if the applesauce cookies would survive being shipped, but I would be glad to include you in the e-mailing of the recipe. Let me know!
Empress: Thank you! If you need cookies, I'd be glad to send you the recipes as well, and it's good to see you around these parts again. I've missed you! :)
Well next time I decide to revamp my blog (probably in another month or so) I'm definitely going to shabbyblogs.
ReplyDeleteDid I tell you my favorite part is the lace like trim you've got going on the sides of the post? That is so cute!
Chanel: Thanks! I like it too. It turned out even better than I thought it would. I'll probably keep it like this for a while. :)
ReplyDeleteEEEEEEE I AM A WINNER!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI feel very, very stylish now. Although my blog layout hasn't changed in like...more months than I'd care to admit. That's a problem.
Coming from such a stylish and honest lady, I'm honored!
AND I WANT TO GO TO ENGLAND SO BAD! Let's race there. It'll give us motivation to go. You know what else would give me motivation to go? Winning the lottery.
So. There's that.
Nicki: Yes. Yes you are a winner. I don't just give these things out for fun you know. So congratulations.
ReplyDeleteYou think I'm stylish AND honest? Boy have I got you all duped!...*cough*...I mean...Thanks!
Aaahhh...England. Yes. We should race there. You take the high road and I'll take an airplane, and I'll be in England afore ye...or something like that.
(PS: If you win the lottery, I definitely want in. And as payment, I'll let you choose between some of my famous brownies, lasagna, cookie dough, or applesauce cookies. Yep, I think that's totally fair.)