
On Monday morning (July 26th--Happy Birthday Marc!) I left the comfort of my home and went to the hideous torture chamber known as the Math Hub. This seemingly harmless room has set the scene for some of my greatest frustrations and triumphs of Summer Semester, 2010. On the aforementioned day, that room witnessed my greatest victory of the entire summer: I survived the Final Exam and passed the class!!! I never have to go through that horror show again!
As I drove home that morning, I was literally, childishly giddy. I don't think I've giggled that much since the 5th grade. I was beside myself, and I celebrated by blasting some of my favorite songs over the car stereo. Take THAT Intermediate Algebra! Consider yourself defeated!
After jumping that (for me) considerable hurdle, I was able to really focus on finishing up the work for my English class. My final essay has been written and edited. However, I have to wait until some of my fellow students review, edit, and return said essay to me before I can turn the thing in. (They've got until Wednesday night, then I'm turning the essay in with or without their input. It's due at 6 pm on Friday evening, and there's no way I'm going to turn it in late.)
Once I finished my essay, I found that I had the time and mental energy for some completely frivolous reading. I haven't been able to really enjoy a book in months, so the last few days have been heavenly.
Now I have a couple of weeks to recover before Fall semester begins. I think I'll be ready. I have one last math class to trudge my way through, and then I can REALLY celebrate and start taking classes that I actually enjoy.
However, it's not the evils of math that I'm feeling the most anxiety about. What's really got me nervous is the fact that in the same time frame that I will be starting Fall semester, my son will be starting Kindergarten. I really need to have a sit down with Father Time. He's totally messing with me, making my kids grow up so impossibly fast. It hardly seems fair...but that's a rant for another day.
Until next time, let's all just celebrate my current freedom with a collective sigh of relief: Aaaaahhhhhhh...feels good.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comment is very important to me. Please stay online and your comments will be answered in the order received. :)