Yes, yes, I'm still here. I definitely hit a bit of a rough patch with school there, though. I had two big projects that I had to complete for one of my classes, a big test to study for for that same class, and another test for one of my other classes that I only had two days to study for after completing the first test. (Following me so far?)
Basically, I've been studying, researching, studying, testing, researching, summarizing and writing for a month now. My husband and chiddlers hardly know me anymore. I'm just the weird lady with a newly-developed eye twitch that makes their dinner.
But today, HA!!!
Today I turned in the big, 14-page article synthesis essay that's been hanging over my head all semester. I turned it in, the last of the big projects that I've been working on. I aced my Psychology test. I aced my Language Development test. I aced my other big assignment for Language Development, and now today I've turned in my article synthesis for Language Development, hoping for another good grade. And NOW...I'm ready for a break.
I can't take more than a few days off, mind. I still have finals to study for, and a final paper to write for my art class (a general studies requirement, don't ask). But today, and throughout the rest of this weekend, I intend to do nothing. I shall do nothing, but sit in my recliner chair and try to work out all the knots in my neck and lower back that come from hunching over my laptop for a month straight. I intend for the entire experience to be awesomely dull and filled with nothing but Netflix and word puzzle games that I play on my iPad. Sounds nice, right? Yeah, you can be jealous if you want. I don't blame you.
I hope you're all doing well. Wish me luck with the rest of the semester. See you all in May! (Or I'll be in a hospital, hooked up to machinery that's desperately trying to rekindle all of my overworked brain cells...)
Ah yes, just having an Office Space kinda weekend, huh?
ReplyDeletehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IalDTq8jS6I
You make me really grateful I gradjumatated a long, long time ago and will never have to suffer through this kind of thing ever again.
Yeah, it's kinda rough sometimes, but I really do enjoy it. However, I will say that it is weeks (and weeks) like this that make me long for the day when I will no longer be at the mercy of my professors and their ironic (but not even remotely funny) overlapping assignment and exam schedules.
DeleteYes, then you'll be at the mercy of your overbearing bosses and their ironic, overlapping projects!
Delete(...Sorry, I had to)
But really, though, how was your weekend of nothingness? Was it everything you hoped it would be, and more?
At least in your scenario I'll be getting paid to go crazy!
DeleteMy weekend of nothingness (nice title, by the way, I think we should definitely make that a thing), was fabulous. It was everything I could have hoped for, and then some. Now I just have to get back into work mode to finish out the semester on a high note! I can do it, right?