Today, it snowed. For the first time since Christmas. Not kidding. I think February must have taken a wrong turn at Albuquerque on its way here. Even now, after a crazy snow/slush storm, the sun is coming out again. To be honest, I'm not complaining about how mild this winter has been. It's been crazy nice around here, actually. Like a perpetual spring. "Not too hot, not too cold. All you need is a light jacket." (If any of you dudes out there can name the movie I took that line from, you're probably married or in some other committed relationship. Or you just really love chick flicks. Either way, no judgments here.)
Let's see...big things that have happened since I last ranted here...
My little brother got engaged to his adorably sweet girlfriend (now fiance.) We're totally thrilled, and the wedding is coming up fast, since they've decided to get married over Memorial Day weekend. I'm glad I get to be the fun, supportive big sister so I can have all the fun and excitement that comes from planning these sorts of things without the stress of trying to pull a wedding together.
Tyler got assigned to a post in the Marketing Department at his company. Basically, he's going to be coordinating things and looking after the department for three months while the two women who work there are both on maternity leave, in addition to his current position. He's been trying to find the right opening at the Support Office for months, and now here's this great opportunity for him to make some contacts there and prove himself. As I told him: "It may not be a foot in the door, but it's definitely a toe!" I'm super proud of him. He was chosen from several candidates to do this, and I don't think they could have picked a better person. He'll be awesome. That's his way.
I took my first exams for two of my classes. The first was for my "Brain and Behavior" psychology class, and I got a 100%. Go me! I just took the first exam for my Language Development class on Thursday, so I don't know how I did. It's pretty freaking agonizing, especially since I walked out of that test feeling very unsure about several of my answers. So let's all cross our fingers that the results for this test will fill my heart with joy, rather than soul-crushing despair. Please?
AJ and I painted our toenails today. It's snowing outside. It's a Saturday. It seemed to be a good idea. And it was. Now we both have super fabulous toenails just in time to have to cover them up with socks and shoes so they can be protected from the snow/slush/rain. Well played, Mother Nature. Well played.
Anyway, enjoy the rest of your weekend. And this, the final week of February. (Yeesh!)
"It may not be a foot in the door, but it's definitely a toe!"
ReplyDeleteOh wait, I know this one! Saw XVII. That scene where he props the door open with that guy's toe and then....
Oh whoops. That wasn't the quote we were supposed to know.
True. And I've never seen any of the Saw movies, so I don't know if you were right about that being a quote from any movie. Nice try, though! You get an A for effort!
DeleteDon't you just love mild winters? What movie... well, let's see: CLICK! Yes, I own every chick flick in town. Not because I'm gay or forced to watch them, but because I love women that much. Yes. There, I said it. A wedding... yay! I wish I had a fun, supportive big sister. I don't even have a boring, unsupportive little sister... Why do you think they call me grumpy blue? Or "grandpa" when I don't even have kids? It's rough out here, alright.
ReplyDeleteHey, a toe in the door is all you need. Well, in addition to a creative brain to make the toe seem like a foot plus shoe from their point of view. You must be really proud of him. There's nothing like someone giving it their best shot. See, now I crave a better job....
When it comes to toenails, I'm your guy. Why? Because like every guy's toenails, mine are the caveman kind. Just kidding. (Really?)
Mild winters are definitely nice. I've never actually experienced one myself, but it's been super nice. I am so very proud of you and your love of chick flicks. That is the mark of a guy who has good taste in movies.
DeleteNo sisters, big or little? That is a real shame. Sisters are the best. Although I am fond of my brothers. Both of them owe all of their awesomeness to their sisters, though. They may not know it, but we do.
Put it on your to-do list list: experience a mild winter.
DeleteOh I love chick flicks and I'm not even ashamed to admit it. I study women.... I listen to the sound of their voice.... I prefer them so much more than Rambo.
I have no idea whatsoever what movie that line came from. YES! My masculinity is still safe!
ReplyDeleteAlso, at this point I'd even accept a toe nail in the door, as long as I don't have to paint said nail.
Well, in case you were just dying to know, it's from "Miss Congeniality." Good movie. Very funny.
DeleteYou don't HAVE to paint the toe nail, but it definitely helps cover up the bruising when your toenail turns black after being slammed in the door like that...
Crap, I do remember that movie. I even saw it. But I don't remember a bit of it.
DeleteSo here's my man card AND my memory card. I've failed both.
We have had the snowiest KY winter on record here, and it's been AWESOME. I can't help it, I'm a winter lover :)
ReplyDeleteMy husband has been kinda bummed out by the lack of snow around here. He's a skier, so he really looks forward to this time of year, usually. Poor guy,
DeleteI love Miss Congeniality. (Am I allowed to say the nae of the movie?) It's right up there with the Wedding Singer in my book.
ReplyDeleteI am, as ever, super jealous of your snow. We have no snow. No ice. Just a lot of freezing weather with nothing to show for it. Ridiculous, but what can you do? My step sisters are in Virginia building snow forts and giant snowmen (Of course I want to build a snowman! I want to go and play! I want to just run out the door, and run some more, and throw the snow all day!)
That being said: I recently painted my fingernails. I did it Saturday, too! We must have been linked or something. I haven't painted my fingernails since...goodness, at LEAST six years. Gave myself a french manicure! Didn't do my toes, though, because I don't like touching feet, even my own.
Congratulations to Tyler on his toe in the door!
Well, the snow isn't really sticking, but watching it fall is always rather nice. Nice rendition of "Do you want to build a snowman," by the way. I'm quite impressed.
DeleteOoh! The Wedding Singer! I haven't watched that one for a very long time. It's a good one.
Knock knock.
ReplyDeleteWho's there?
Barry.
Barry who?
Bluebarry.
Just stopping by
ReplyDeleteTo say hi