Thursday, September 5, 2013

Aaaannnnd Here We Go Again...

So the school year is now well under way. CT is settled into his new class with his new teacher and enjoys it, so that's good. AJ starts preschool on Monday, and I'm still not sure how I feel about that. I mean, I know it will be a great experience for her, and she's going to be taught by a good friend of my mother's whom I've known for at least two-thirds of my life. She's amazing, and she already knows and loves AJ. However, being selfish, I'm going to miss my little girl for those few hours! She's my little friend, and my biggest fan (though I know I don't deserve it).

She's the one who dances to every little song that comes on, no matter where she is, and insists that I dance with her. She's the one who grabs me by the hand and leads me to her little tea parties that she's set up on the floor or on the stairs for us. She's the one who comes up to me with book after book, happy to read with me for as long as the books last. She's the one who will simply look me in the eyes and say: "Sing me a pretty song, Mommy." Sometimes she even pulls out my guitar and tells me to play and sing for her so she can dance and sing along. She's the one who can approach me when I'm in a bad mood and say: "Are you happy, Mommy?" Instantly, I'll start to calm down, because in her own innocent little way, she's reminded me that I should stop sweating the small things and find a way to be happy.

She's my girl, my sweet little friend, and she's just growing up SO FAST! I look at pictures of her from a year ago and I just can't handle how quickly the time is passing by!

Okay, I'm getting teary-eyed now. Time to change the subject...

I love my classes thus far. I'm taking Speech Anatomy, Language Science, and an online Intercultural Communication class. Fascinating stuff, but I'm WAAAYYY behind on the readings for these classes. I finally opened my anatomy book today, and the neuroanatomy chapter we're currently working on is...wait for it....106 PAGES LONG!!! ONE. FREAKING. CHAPTER. Ugh. Luckily we'll be working on it for two weeks, but it's still insane.

Oh, and random awesomeness of the day: I was driving to class, and as I was heading up one of the main streets on my way to campus, I happened to glance to my right. What I saw there gave me pause. I saw none other than Wonder Woman, standing on a street corner, talking on her cell phone and waiting for the light to change so she could cross the street.

This confused me a bit, but later on I was reminded of the fact that Comic Con is currently in our fair capitol city. I apparently caught the merest of glimpses at what was walking around Salt Lake today. Awesome.

Have a great weekend, Comic Con people! Hope you get all of the action figures, autographs, and geek-tastic moments you could possibly desire. Live long and prosper, May the Force Be With You, and Avengers Assemble!!!

2 comments:

  1. I can't make fun of the Comic Con geeks, because the last time we set up shop at a comic convention, we made a lot of sales, and we had some really good conversations with some of them. We also had some really awkward conversations with some of them, but that's beside the point. I even took my picture with a stormtrooper. When in Rome, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALWAYS GET A PICTURE WITH A STORMTROOPER!!!

      Geeks are their own kind of awesome. If I'm honest with myself, I'm a geek, too.

      Delete

Your comment is very important to me. Please stay online and your comments will be answered in the order received. :)