Monday, April 8, 2013

Entering the Final Stretch...

Oh yes indeed. I am now exactly...-ish 5 class days and 3 exams away from finishing out Spring semester. Now if I could just keep it together for these few more weeks I can fully enjoy my Summer vacation. (Did I mention we're going to CALIFORNIA?!?!? No? Well we totally are; and after the LONGEST, coldest, nastiest winter I've seen since I was my son's age I'm ready to see some freaking palm trees!!!)

Updates: Ty got a promotion at work! He is now running the front end of his company's busiest store. Out of  the 16 people that interviewed for the position, he was the ONLY candidate the store director put on his list. (Normally, there's a sort of "Top 3" and the Corporate people make the final decision, but apparently this guy didn't want to take that chance. I don't blame him.) I'm so proud of Ty. He works really hard, and I know he'll be great in this newest stage of his career.

Next on the list: I'm pretty sure that I'm going to go completely insane before school is done with me. Not because of the classes. I'm enjoying those. Not because of the people in my classes or my professors. I like all of them, too. No, I'm going to go insane because for some freaking reason the classes that I have to take in this tiny, highly specialized program are scheduled by crazy, drunken, evil monkeys. Seriously. The two classes that I need to take this upcoming fall are scheduled thus: One is in the morning from 9-10:30, the other is in the afternoon from 3:30-5:00!!! WHY? How in the ever-loving hell does that make sense? You know I have to take them both this upcoming semester. Why can't they be scheduled one after the other on the same days? I'd take morning or afternoon. I'm not too picky. Figure. It. Out!!!

Honestly, since the scheduling sucks so very badly, I'm seriously considering kicking things up a notch so I can finish this undergrad program sooner. Because then I can get into grad school and get THAT done sooner. See where I'm going here? Even just adding one extra class per semester will knock a year off what I've been planning on. Maybe even a year and a half...if I'm lucky...

I love being in school, but I really want to step things up and get through this more quickly. One of my friends from class is graduating this semester and was just accepted to the grad school program. It's really sparked my own desire to get to that point and keep moving forward.

Next: My big sister just had a baby a few days ago! A girl. She's super cute. (Of course she is. She's related to me, right?)

Next Next: Aw crap. I just lost my train of thought...

Oh well. I guess I'll just end things here. But I'll leave y'all with a picture that Ty and I took during our trip to New York two years ago. (Seriously, I'm going back to that city someday.) You're welcome.


4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! California?? How exciting! Derrick has a conference there this May, so we'd hoped to make it out, but now that we're moving, the car needs fixed, AND Derrick's work screwed him over on taxes (they gave him a cost-of-living raise and didn't adjust his withholdings...GAH), it's not looking too likely. I will live vicariously through you. I will sun on the beach vicariously through you. I will hug palm trees vicariously through you! (No actual palm tree-hugging required.)

    Please tell Ty that crazy lady on the internet says CONGRATULATIONS on his new job! That's ridiculously wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sure I'll have plenty of California stories to write about. I'll take a picture of a palm tree and name it "Nicki". Just for you. :)

      And thanks for the congratulations. He's so excited about his new job. And for that matter, so am I.

      Delete
  2. After getting hit by yet another blizzard, California sounds awesome. I need some sun in my life.

    Oh, and congrats to Ty on that promotion. Being picked out of 16 people is no small feat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess as "next-state-neighbors" you've had a very similar winter to ours. I'm SOOO over it! Time for the sunshine! Can't wait!

      Thanks for the congratulations, by the way. I know I'm proud of him. :)

      Delete

Your comment is very important to me. Please stay online and your comments will be answered in the order received. :)