Friday, April 19, 2013

A Bit of a Change-Up...

Hey, I know I spend a lot of time on this blog rambling about my day-to-day activities, thoughts, feelings, and whatnot. Tonight I've decided that I would like to simply share some random facts about myself that you may or may not already know.

--I have read "Jane Eyre" at least 8 times (probably more). It's my favorite book.
--I have an uncanny (to others, "annoying") ability to quote movie and book lines with great accuracy. And I ruthlessly jump in and correct other people when they try to say those quotes and get them wrong. It drives people (namely, my husband) crazy.
--I can hear a brand-new song that I have never heard before, and by the end of the song will be able to identify the artist (provided I've heard them previously).
--I make the best brownies in the world. Not kidding.
--I am the second of 6 kids. (4 girls, 2 boys)
--I can tell when I'm REALLY stressed out, because my body decides that I don't need a voice anymore--so I spend my stressed-out time whispering and squeaking my way through every conversation. (Like right now, during finals. I currently have no voice at all. Hence the rambling blog post, and the fact that I've had to text all of my conversations today. I can't SAY what I want to, so I have to write it all out.)
--I have never fainted before. I've come close a few times, but never completely lost consciousness. (Yet)
--I hate tomatoes. Just smelling them makes me sick to my stomach.
--I kill houseplants. Not intentionally, of course. I just can't seem to keep them alive for longer than a few weeks.
--I hate math. It is my mortal enemy, and shall always be.
--I haven't allowed my hair to grow past my shoulders since I was 12 years old. For some reason, I think I look really stupid with long hair.
--I never paint my fingernails, because I have rather stubby fingers and I think painting my nails enhances the stubbiness.
--I'm slightly OCD. Not about keeping things super-neat, although I do enjoy a clean space. No, I'm OCD about washing my hands every time I touch something that I perceive as being unclean in any way. My hands actually "feel dirty". I can't touch my face or food or anything until they are clean. You know, things like that. (Yes, there are others, but they'd make me sound even crazier than I am willing to admit to being, so I won't go there.)
--I LOVE watching stand-up comedy, but it has to be funny. There are a couple of stand-up comedians out there who are REALLY famous, but do nothing but cuss a lot and make horrifically dirty jokes. Don't get me wrong, some dirty jokes are funny, but some people just don't get where that line is between naughty but hilarious and downright tasteless and disgusting.
--I can't dance. Not because I don't have rhythm, but because my body just doesn't MOVE that way.

So, there you go. A few factoids to get y'all through the week. Or roll your eyes about. (The latter being more likely.)

Anyway...have a good one everybody!

7 comments:

  1. I'm sloppy with my movie quotes. Usually though, if I'm going to actually quote something online I'll at least look it up so I don't look like a complete idiot.

    I hate tomatoes too, as George Carlin said, "It looks like something in the larval stage." (Okay, I didn't look that up. I hope I got it right, though.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too familiar with George Carlin quotes, so I'll resist correcting you. Just this once. :)

      Delete
  2. I used to hate tomatoes SO BAD. I would gag when I ate them -- literally gag. Now they're my favorite fruit/vegetable (besides avocados, another confused fruit-vegetable). Funny how our taste buds change, eh? Sour cream used to make me gag too, and now I really like the stuff. Jell-o and I are still enemies, though, so at least there's that.

    I don't paint my fingernails because I don't think they look good painted either AND because I don't have the patience to keep up with all the chipping. Seriously, why is being a girl so much WORK?

    I hope you ace all your finals -- good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only just recently gained an appreciation for avocados. I can't eat guacamole, or anyone like that, it I do like them on sandwiches now. Baby steps, people!

      Yeah, chipping nail polish is a pain in the butt. SOOO annoying!

      Thanks. I'm looking forward to finishing out the semester. :)

      Delete
    2. **anything, not anyone. Crazy autocorrect...

      Delete
  3. I'm bad with remembering movie quotes, but I'm great with knowing musical artists, especially more obscure ones. If someone wants to know what a song is or who the artist is, they always ask me.

    Also, I'm gonna join the rest of the party here and say that I don't like tomatoes either. To me, nothing ruins a sandwich more than big fat slivers of tomato. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray! Another warrior against the ickiness of tomatoes! Those things are SO very gross. Blech!

      Don't try to incorrectly quote movies around me. You WILL get the smack down!

      Delete

Your comment is very important to me. Please stay online and your comments will be answered in the order received. :)