Friday, March 1, 2013

Another Friday Night Post...

Geez! A lot of crazy stuff has been going on. I don't even remember most of the details, but I'll try to give the highlights...

First off, I got my first C+ on a test in...well...too long ago to remember exactly. It was the first exam in my Speech Science class. You can imagine my shock when I saw that big red "77/100" at the top of my test. Not to mention the pure, unadulterated devastation that followed as I saw all the stupid little mistakes I had made to lose me all those points. My grade in that class is still salvageable, but it's going to take a LOT of hard work--not to mention a nearly flawless record on all future homework assignments and tests. Ugh. 

Honestly, this class has kind of been a bit overwhelming for me. From the very first day, I would sit there in class, taking notes and listening to the professor and my mind would just be in a stupor. It was as though it was saying to me: "Yeah, you're on your own, Hon. I got nothin'." Ugh. 

BUT the good news here is that over the past couple of class periods, I have been experiencing little sparks of understanding--and I'm kind of feeling like I just might be starting to wrap my mind around some of this stuff. It kind of scares me a bit, really. With a LOT of extra studying and some real, concentrated concentration, I just might get through this class.

Next on the list of crazy stuff is the fact that Ty's work has been in a bit of upheaval over the past week or so. It's kind of complicated, but I'll try to sum it up as best I can.

Ty started work in one department of his store. He rose quickly to the level of manager. Then there was a company-wide restructuring of every store and Ty's job changed. He moved to a different department--at the same pay level and by his request. In the meantime, his old department has fallen apart and now the store director has all but whitewashed the management team and asked Ty to come back. So now he's moved, and while he's in management again and the pay is better, the hours are much longer and later and the job is very demanding. It will take some getting used to, but I have no doubt in my mind that he will easily rise to the occasion. He's that awesome.

Another crazy thing is that Ty and I are approaching our 12th wedding anniversary. Hard to believe it's been that long, but I guess calendars don't lie. Usually. Over a decade of marriage and he can still make me laugh better than anyone else in the world; make me feel utterly safe and whole just by enfolding me in his arms. My heart still leaps up into my throat whenever I hear his voice. Now, 12 years and two amazing chiddlers later, we still enjoy each others' company and keep learning from each other every day. Yep. It's been a good dozen years. I'm just amazed that he has found a way to tolerate my particularly potent brand of crazy for all this time.

Now...I seem to have run out of stuff to ramble about, so I'll leave things here. Have a great weekend! :)

6 comments:

  1. Those "aha" moments are the best. I know I just about jump for joy when what I am trying to learn actually starts to make sense.
    I am sure you will be able to lift that grade. You are a very clever lady.
    Congratulations on your anniversary too. Wishing you a very special day and many many more in the future

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's pretty awesome when the fog starts to clear.

      Thanks for your support and congratulations. :)

      Delete
  2. As long as you're learning something, that's more important than the grade. Well, kind of. I guess the grade still matters quite a bit.

    Also, happy upcoming anniversary. In the land of 50% divorce rates, 12 years is no small feat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Grades definitely matter, especially in this program. However, my GPA is still salvageable. That's what I keep having to tell myself.

      Thanks. It's been a good, crazy 12 years. :)

      Delete
  3. I think those classes are the scariest, because they just don't *click*. You have to work hard to find the *click*, and even so, you might not understand every single test question. But you are so bright and so hard-working, I know you will kill it. I have faith in you!


    And CONGRATULATIONS to you and Ty! I love reading about your relationship, because I think it's such a strong one. Are you doing anything special for 12 years? You should!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pulling for me. You're the best. I'll get through this semester...one way or another.

      Ty and I went out to dinner and a movie for the anniversary. Without the chiddlers. It was fabulous. :)

      Delete

Your comment is very important to me. Please stay online and your comments will be answered in the order received. :)