Saturday, August 11, 2012

It's Time...

True, it may be later than usual. True, we're within a month of saying goodbye to the season where this choice actually makes sense, but I don't really care at the moment.

That's right. I'm chopping my hair off again.

I've never been able to tolerate my hair getting much longer than shoulder length. Not since the 7th grade. Nowadays, I usually grow it out over the Fall and Winter months and hack it off sometime in the Spring. For some reason, this irresistible itch has overcome me at the end of the Summer this year. I'm basically going through my usual pattern...in reverse.

I always know when it's time for a serious encounter with a pair of scissors when I stop styling my hair on a regular basis. It always ends up spending the entire day wet from the shower, and pulled back into an elastic or clip. It takes too freaking long to dry. I'm a mom! Do I have 30 minutes to fuss over my hair in the morning? NO!

And now my hair doesn't style easily anymore because it's all dry and unhealthy from the time I've spent at the pool this summer. AND...well...it's just time for a change. This is nothing new. As I mentioned before, I do this on a regular basis. However, I AM changing things up a bit in that I'm looking at making my hair even shorter than I usually do.

Normally, I go with this longer, shaggier cut. It's kind of my old standby. I've loved it.  (For the source of this image, just Google "Nora Zehetner")



But this time around, I'm looking at something closer to this. I freaking LOVE her hair!!!... (For the source of this image, Google "Ginnifer Goodwin".)



Either way, that's where my mind is.

And yes, Ty's used to this little quirk of mine. It's just a good thing he doesn't care how long my hair is or isn't...or maybe he just knows that I'm going to do what I want to do anyway.

He's always said: "It's your hair, do whatever you want. You'll be beautiful no matter what."

Smart man, that husband of mine. Happy Weekend, Everybody!

9 comments:

  1. "a serious encounter with a pair of scissors"

    I haven't even seen a comb in years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you had a serious encounter with a Bic razor a few years ago though... :)

      Delete
  2. I think women with that style of hair are gorgeous. You'll look great. My bride to be recently commented that she would like that hairstyle as well. She said she wouldn't look good with it though. I know she is wrong but she has her mind made up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks George. :)

      And tell your girl that short hair is AWESOME!!! It brings out the eyes and is just liberating in every way. There's a pixie cut out there for everyone, so I'm sure she'd be beautiful!

      Delete
  3. I think women with that style of hair are gorgeous. You'll look great. My bride to be recently commented that she would like that hairstyle as well. She said she wouldn't look good with it though. I know she is wrong but she has her mind made up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that short style of hair. As you may have noticed on the blog, the wife has more of the Nora Zehetner now, and I love it. It frames her face so well.

    Post some pics when you get it done. Just don't go and get the Miley Cyrus, k?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had to google your Miley Cyrus reference and no, no I will NOT be doing that to my hair! I'll try to get a picture posted once I get the big chop done. :)

      Delete
  5. I get that way too! I let it grow and grow and grow and grow until finally - that's it - I can't stand it anymore. It's all coming off. RIGHT. NOW.

    Which is why I love walk-in appointments.

    The end.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is very important to me. Please stay online and your comments will be answered in the order received. :)