Saturday, April 21, 2012

FREEDOM!!!

Hi Everybody! (Hi, Dr. Nick!)

Guess who's done with school for the summer? Go on, guess!

It's ME! (Geez, I can't believe so many of you got that wrong! Think, people!)

Not only am I finished with classes until August, but I'm utterly and completely finished with classes at that particular university. It's kind of bittersweet, leaving my old school behind. They got me started on my dream. I earned my Associate's Degree from them. They've been good to me, and I learned a lot. But now it's time to move on.

Yesterday, I attended orientation for my new school and...WOW!!! This new university is a LOT bigger than the one I've been attending. Everything about this school just screams: "Step up your game, cuz y'all ain't in Kansas anymore!" Yet, somehow I wasn't too intimidated. I knew when I decided to transfer schools that this would be a very different experience, so...BRING IT ON!

I met with the advisor for my program. She gave me some very good information, and I was able to map out all of my classes. Now that I have a plan in place, I'm feeling less intimidated by the whole thing. It's still going to be a lot of work, though. The graduate program for Speech and Language Pathology is quite competitive, so making very good grades for my undergraduate degree is extremely important. Hence the reason I'm breaking what is normally a two-year program into a four-year program. Yes, it will take longer, but I have to be a Mom first. Taking things more slowly will ensure that I can put my very best work into my classes without being too overwhelmed by everything I have to do.

Anyway, in case you couldn't tell, I'm extremely excited about this whole new direction that my education will be taking. Add to that the pure thrill that comes from being done with classes for another 4 months and I'm all sorts of giddy.

Anyway, enough about school. For now.

Caden had his 7th birthday last week. I keep telling him to stop growing up so fast, but for some reason he's not listening to me. Rude, that's what it is. Seriously though, he's such a great kid, and I'm so very proud of him.

Adelle is growing every day too. She's showing signs of being ready for potty training, which scares me. Going through that whole process with my son was a complete nightmare. Sigh...I'll probably start working with Adelle over the summer. I've heard that it can be easier with girls than with boys. Let's hope it's the truth.

By the way, thanks to those of you who showed support for my frustrations with my editing class in my last post. My more rational mind has kicked in, and I can see how much I've really learned. (Admittedly, one of the main reasons I'm being so rational is more than likely because I know I'm done with that class forever...)

Alright, now I'm just rambling. My posts will probably be more frequent now that school is out, so prepare yourselves for a torrent of nonsense!

12 comments:

  1. Yay for holiday. Seems so weird you guys get a long break from school at this time of the year when my kids are going back for their 2nd term.
    I can feel your excitement for the new school all through this post. I really hope it is everything you wish for

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the well-wishes. I'm sure you'll be hearing more than you need or want to know as I continue through the program. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Only time will tell if I can handle it all. :)

      Delete
  3. Darn, I guessed myself!

    But I haven't been back to school for years, so I probably don't count.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, if you just print out an Internet degree it would be a lot faster. And cheaper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you, Candice! Enjoy your summer break and then knock 'em dead in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicki. I will follow your advice to the letter! :)

      Delete
  6. Where have I been????????

    I...I....

    You are officially forbidden to post anything else until I catch up. My henchmen will be arriving momentarily to temporarily shut down your interwebz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure why you've been missing my posts. I'll try to restrain my brilliance for a whle, though. Just for you. And those henchman are kinda scary...

      Delete

Your comment is very important to me. Please stay online and your comments will be answered in the order received. :)