Thursday, March 22, 2012

Exhausted, Anxious Rantings of a Crazy Woman... [Wasn't that a song in the 1960's?]

My mind feels like oatmeal right now. (Nice visual, right?)

My eyes are drooping, and I honestly can't read another word in the AP Stylebook or I just might go postal. I have no idea how reporters do it. All that research, and following all those rules. I know now why the life of a reporter is most definitely NOT the one for me. (That, and the fact that I HATE being confrontational and pushy. These, I believe, are requirements for being a good reporter. Oh, and I have a tendency to be easily intimidated as well. Not really a good fit.)

Anyhoo, I have to take a test for my editing class in the next couple of days, and while I believe I will do just fine on the test, I am NOT looking forward to it. I hate taking tests. It's not that I get all that nervous and worried about them, I'm pretty well prepared (in most cases). It's the fact that I have to take time out of my day, find a babysitter, and go sit in a freaking testing center for who knows how long in order to take the test. Oh, and this editing test? Yeah, it's going to take me over an hour to complete. [Side note: The professor gives us a 2 hour time limit, but I took just a little over an hour on the last exam for that class. I'm guessing it will be about the same for this one. Still a pain, and a MAJOR inconvenience. AAACCCKKK!!!]

Why can't I just take the test at home? I'm an honest person, I'm not going to cheat. And besides, this teacher lets us use our marked textbooks, notes and pretty much anything else we feel like bringing into the testing center with us. I can use that stuff at home and take the test over the Internet, can't I? Grrrr.... It's just asinine!

Okay, enough about that. For now.

My neck is a little messed up, but that's nothing compared to how my head has been feeling lately. I'd like to blame the crazy, manic weather that we have during the springtime here in Utah for these dizzy spells and sinus pressure, but I still get paranoid sometimes. I have to wonder if it's something more sinister.

My head doesn't really ache all that much, it's more like a strange, light-headed sensation with occasional heaviness that makes it so I can barely hold my head up. I nearly blacked out while driving to school the other morning. I had to pull over to recover for a minute or two. It totally freaked me out. When I get freaked out like that, it takes me a while to stop feeling freaked out. But when that weird sensation is STILL THERE days later, it's considerably worse. I'm practically having an anxiety attack right now.

On top of that, Ty's been called in to talk to his boss tomorrow morning. He has no idea what it's about. Apparently they're talking to all of the managers in the company, but the here's the weird part: All of the other managers at the store where Ty works are going to be together in the same interview. Ty has been called in for an individual, one-on-one meeting. I'm just really confused, because I have no idea what's coming, and I don't like being in the dark.

While I don't believe that Ty has done anything to get himself into trouble, (trust me, they LOVE him over there!), I can't help but be anxious all the same. You know why? Because I'm CRAZY! [Yeah, yeah, I know. Captain Obvious strikes again, right?]

So here I am, the kids are in bed, Ty is at work for at least another hour, and I'm in a quiet house with nothing but my irrational anxieties for company.

Geez! I need to calm down! Anybody have an amusing anecdote or maybe a nice mug of herbal tea? Ooh! That does sound good! Okay, off I go to make some tea. Anybody else want some? Let's see...I have Tension Tamer, Mint Medley, Chamomile, and Chamomile with Vanilla. Any takers?

Well, I'll go ahead and leave the kettle on the stove, just in case...

4 comments:

  1. An amusing anecdote?

    Umm, guy walks up to a dog and says, "I haven't had a bite all day.", so the dog bites him.

    The end.

    I think that's how it goes.

    I'm tired too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not bad, Bryan. Not bad at all. I was amused. :)

      Delete
  2. SO WHAT HAPPENED?! You better come back and give us some well-rested, calm rantings of a totally sane woman! Or at least some well-rested rantings of a crazy woman. I'm flexible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you all know what exactly happened soon. I just need to find the time to write a whole post!

      I'll always be crazy, I'm just less crazy when I get some sleep and feel less anxiousl. :)

      Delete

Your comment is very important to me. Please stay online and your comments will be answered in the order received. :)