Thursday, March 15, 2012

New Face, New School...

No, I didn't get plastic surgery. What I mean by "new face" is quite simply that I went from not wearing glasses at all to wearing glasses pretty much all the time. After a large number of visits to the ophthalmologist (for a very different, chronic problem), I finally got a prescription for glasses. Apparently I'm a bit nearsighted. (I've noticed for months that my distance vision is terrible.) Anyway, now I have glasses and the strangest thing has happened. I CAN SEE!!! It's crazy! I don't have to squint to read words on road signs, or while watching TV. It's like life in HD now! Yay for progress!

Also...I have been admitted to the "other school" I've been talking about and will be attending in the fall. I'm really excited about it! Tonight, Ty surprised me with a trip to the Univeristy's merchandise store to get me a treat to celebrate the new direction that my education will be taking. Isn't he sweet? I got a really cute shirt and a keychain, in case anyone was wondering.

As thrilled as I am to go to this new school, I'm also a little freaked out. It's going to be a HUGE change for me. The commute alone is going to be considerably more difficult for me now, even though the school isn't that much farther away from where I live than the school that I'm currently attending (geographically, at least). Not to mention the fact that this school is one of the best in the western United States, and the expectations for the students are very high. It's not that the school I've been going to isn't great, but this new school really is on a whole different level from what I've gotten used to. The pressure is on, people! (In a good way, though.)

Also, getting all of my classes transferred over, as well as my financial aid is going to take a lot of checking up on things, making sure everything is being done correctly. I also need to go to an orientation for transfer students and then make sure that I get the classes I need. Then there's making sure that I have everything in line to apply to my specific program. (This program is the whole reason I'm making this huge change.)

Anyway, it's a lot to think about. There are so many little details to take care of. I just have to keep reminding myself that it will all be worth it when all is said and done. Because it really will. This is an amazing school, and the program is supposed to be fantastic. I just have to do the work.

(Okay let's all just say it: "Quit worrying so much and let yourself be happy and excited, Candice. Everything will work out!")

Okay, I'm done for now. Have a good one, everybody! Hope you all survived "The Ides of March." :)

**Completely Random Subject Change** Oh! Oh! Crazy thing happened a couple of days ago! Ty and I were watching A&E the other night, and I heard MY DAD'S VOICE coming from our TV! I'd completely forgotten that he'd done a voice-over for a commercial a year or so ago. And now the commercial is on the air! Coolness, right?

4 comments:

  1. Quit worrying so much and let yourself be happy and excited, Candice. Everything will work out!")
    Yep, I even did a copy and paste lol

    How exciting for you, all these changes.
    And I know exactly what you mean about being able to see. My reading glasses make more of a difference than I thought they would

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mynx. :) I'll be alright. I just need to make sure that everything gets done and then all will be well.

      Glasses are awesome, aren't they? Who knew?

      Delete
  2. Okay, so, that commercial thing? SO FREAKING COOL!

    But back to what you already know: this change is a good thing. You won't be fine-- you'll be AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? It was awesome hearing my dad over the TV!

      Thanks for your kind words. I really am very excited about this! :)

      Delete

Your comment is very important to me. Please stay online and your comments will be answered in the order received. :)