Charlie, from Notice Your World has written a novel. That's right! A NOVEL! It is currently available for eBook purchase through Kindle and Nook. It's also available in paperback through Amazon.
Charlie has graciously agreed to give you all some additional information about his book, so enjoy! (And then go buy his book. I've read a few scraps of it, and from what I've read it promises to be a great story!)
Title of the book: The Crystal Bridge
A basic description of the key characters and the storyline:
Kaden is a typical teenage boy who can open wormholes to worlds only he can see.
Aren is far from a typical teenage girl, seeing into the memories of other people as though they were her own.
When they meet, their gifts will send them to a planet torn by war, where a dark creature seeks to free itself from the cold spaces between universes. Their adventure may destroy two worlds. Or, they may just save us all.
What inspired you to write this story?
I have weird dreams. The novel originally came into my head as two separate dreams.
Dream one was about a boy who could open wormholes to other worlds. Nobody else could see them and he always returned to the same moment he left, unchanged. So, no one believed him.
Dream two was about a lab creating holographic simulations that began reaching into alternate worlds with some odd side effects.
My wife suggested I combine them, so I did.
Any surprises along the way?
I think it surprised me how much I've come to love the characters, like they're old friends. I miss them now that I'm not immersed in their lives. I wonder how they're holding up, how the experience changed them, and if their children and grandchildren will know how important and heroic they were.
I know they aren't real, but they are in some small way to me and hopefully to anyone else who reads this book. It was harder, definitely harder than I ever suspected, but so worth it, even if I never see a dime. I had to tell this story.
Thank you so much for letting me share this. It means more than you know.
The Crystal Bridge is available here:
Kindle Version
Print Version
Nook Version

Thanks for sharing, Charlie! Remember all of us when you're a world famous, best-selling author! Good luck! :)
Sounds awesome!! And I completely know how it feels to miss your characters. Don't worry; they'll be in good hands with all your new readers!
ReplyDeleteTell Charlie that if he gives me a free copy, I will let him put "This story was read by Doug Stephens of I Like Cheese Comic" on the cover of future editions.
ReplyDeleteThank you Candice and you too Elizabeth. Doug...let me think about it.
ReplyDeleteYou do interviews as well as guest posts? Awesome!
ReplyDeleteDidn't realize he'd already put the book out. I liked the Zombie guide. It was pretty funny.
I had a dream once. I was all alone. I was rolling a big donut, and there was a snake wearing a vest...wait, that wasn't me.
ReplyDeleteGo Charlie!
Elizabeth: Charlie rocks. I'm sure his story will bring a great deal of entertainment to the masses, much like yours. :)
ReplyDeleteDoug: That is such a generous offer. I'm sure Charlie will give it some very serious consideration.
Charlie: It's my pleasure. I'm sure your work will be in high demand any day now. :)
Chanel: Oh yes. I am very versatile. I do just about everything.
I haven't read the zombie one yet! I may have to wait until the semester's over to ge caught up on everything...
Brent: What an interesting dream. Sounds very Homer-esque. Wait a minute...
Chanel: *get caught up* (Sorry about the typo)
ReplyDeleteHow very cool! I will have to check out the book once I get caught up on my other reading I have waiting for me on my Nook and my book shelf! :)
ReplyDeleteJewels: Yep, it is pretty cool. I have a lot of reading to get caught up on too. However, considering all of the things I usually need to catch up on, reading is by far my favorite out of them all. :)
ReplyDelete