Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Uh...Hi?...

Yeah, it's been a while. But hey, I was out of the country for two weeks, so I at least have an excuse for that period of time...right?

Yes indeed, the Husband and I have gone to jolly old England and returned with wonderful memories, a lot of souvenirs, and the dull ache that comes from having tasted real Yorkshire pudding actually made in York and knowing you'll never taste anything so perfectly wondrous again. Sigh...

I would love to give a play-by-play report of our trip, and honestly, I probably will. However, for this first post since our return, I wanted to keep it brief. Yes, I'm still around. I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up with anyone's blogs over the past month.

Just FYI, we did NOT manage to get arrested in England, (although Ty did end up having his nice Kershaw pocket knife confiscated by a security guard within 3 hours of landing in London, because it had a locking blade and apparently those are illegal in the UK...oops!)

However, while I miss the beautiful green landscapes and having a little pot of mint or chamomile tea brought to the table during dinner and/or breakfast, it is good to be home (if only because we can drive on the right side of the road again!) Oh, and we missed our kids, too...

Anyhoo, I'll try to get y'all caught up on what's been going on. It may take me a while, but I'll get there! :)

13 comments:

  1. You did not manage to get arrested? In big caps? Was that on the itinerary?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't on the official itinerary, but it was always an option...

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed my land and got to taste REAL Yorkshire Puddings. As a proper Yorkshireman I am fully qualified in making real puds, my Nan taught me many years ago.

    I look forward to hearing about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man! I'd love to learn some trade secrets about making a good Yorkshire pudding, because I've gotta tell you, I'm hooked!!!

      Delete
  4. You didn't get arrested... I'm so disappointed. I'm told doing "hard time" in the UK is like a trip to Bora. Better luck next time? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we'll have to put more effort into stirring up some trouble! :)

      Delete
    2. I guess all of you are just too sweet ;)
      Good to have you back.

      Delete
    3. Because you're back, right? :))

      Delete
  5. Welcome back and tally ho, wot wot, guvna! ...Okay, I'll stop.

    So wait, you actually enjoyed the food? I thought the stereotype was always that British cuisine is bland and awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you just say, "tally ho, wot wot, guvna!">

      Delete
  6. You dream of getting arrested in England...

    I dream of getting arrested in Canada. Specifically by a Mountie who will then put me on his horse and take me into the station, where I will then be let off with a warning and a stern "Stay out of trouble, young lady!"

    But then I've been gone so long I didn't even know you were going to England, let alone that you wanted to kind of maybe be arrested while you were there. I've been told they actually like baked beans for breakfast (gag me): Is that true? And please tell me you saw, if you didn't try, blood pudding!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is very important to me. Please stay online and your comments will be answered in the order received. :)