Saturday, November 3, 2012

Random Stuff and a Bonus Picture...

Halloween was pretty good, a little crazy though. I had class that day, so I didn't get home until dinner time. The family ate a quick dinner, and then we all got into our costumes. Ty took the chiddlers trick-or-treating while I stayed home and handed out the candy.

When they had been gone for about an hour or so, they came back, and we dumped the kids' pillowcases full of candy into two separate bowls, to be sorted through later. (With CT's severe peanut allergy, we have to be very careful about this stuff.) Once this task had been completed, we all headed back out the door to show my parents our costumes. (A yearly tradition.) We got home about and hour and a half after the chiddlers' bed-times. We bathed them both and put them to bed, where they both proceeded to achieve complete unconsciousness in a matter of seconds. (It had been a long day.)

Ty and I then met up downstairs, where we immediately commenced with our own private little Halloween tradition. That's right, we curled up on the couch and watched "The Nightmare Before Christmas." As I mentioned last year, this is something that we have done every year after putting the kids to bed on Halloween night. It's fabulous.

Now it's November, and right now I'm basically using this blog to procrastinate studying for the TWO tests I have to take this week. One is on Monday, and the other is on Wednesday. AAACCCKKK!!! I'm pretty sure my professors are starting to gang up on me now. RUDE!!! Oh well. We gotta do what we gotta do, right? It's hard to believe that after this week I only have one test left for each class before I'm done with the semester.

Come on, people! I'm still getting used to these classes! I'm still getting a feel for my professors and the subjects they're teaching, and now I've only got about 6 weeks of classes left! (Side note: I need to log into the school website and see if I can register for Spring semester yet...)

Anyway, I guess that's enough rambling for one post.

Alright, here's a picture of me in my Halloween costume. (You can't really see it in the picture, but there is a cape attached to the back):



Yeah. You're welcome. Your day is complete now, isn't it?

Thought so.

Anyway, Happy Late Halloween, and an even happier November, everybody! :)

13 comments:

  1. Wish I could fall asleep that easily and be "unconscious in a matter of seconds." I get the worst insomnia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sometimes I envy that kids can just fall asleep like that. I don't get insomnia very often, but when I do, it's pretty awful.

      Delete
  2. THOSE BOOTS ARE RIDICULOUSLY CUTE.

    I told you about Derrick's obsession with Nightmare before Christmas, right? The thing is, we watch it on Christmas Eve. CHRISTMAS EVE. I love that movie as much as the next gal, but on Christmas Eve I want to cuddle up with White Christmas or How the Grinch Stole Christmas, not the Pumpkin King.


    And the fact that you wore a cape makes me love you 80x more than I already do. The end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I live those boots. I call them my @$$-kicking boots. Cuz they totally are!

      I love watching Nightmare Before Christmas on Halloween night, because the movie opens on Halloween night, just after trick or treating and everything is done. It's like I'm living the story with the characters. Those crazy, wonderfully twisted characters...

      I prefer to curl up with White Christmas, or The Bishop's Wife (the real one, with Cary Grant), or even A Christmas Story on Christmas Eve. They are a far more fitting lead in to Christmas Morning! So we're totally on the same page there! :)

      Delete
    2. *love* not live. Geez! Sorry about that!

      Delete
  3. I agree with Nicki: I love your boots!

    Trick or treating makes me tired. But then again, Padawan's brother is a three hour trick or treater. He likes to collect that candy, so maybe that's why it's so much more exhausting as an adult than it was as a kid. Padawan and I always take him trick or treating. He likes our themed costumes as his entourage. (This year we were Captain America and Black Widow. It was totally awesome.)

    My parents used to check our candy, too. But they looked for open wrappers and tampered with packaging, not peanuts. (Does this mean you get to eat all of the Reeses and Snickers yourself, or do you throw those candies out?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trick or treating can be exhausting, but those kids are so cute, I can't help but have fun, too.

      Ty usually "takes care" of all peanutty candies. Yeah, he's selfless like that. :)

      Delete
  4. Awww adorable! Love the costume. You can never be too careful about peanut allergies. I feel for kids who have to deal with that. It's scary stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a terrifying allergy to deal with. It's made me even more paranoid than I would normally be (and that's pretty freaking paranoid!) Luckily, CT is very aware of the danger, and he's very careful.

      Delete
  5. We need better Halloween traditions. The wife and I just shut off all the lights so the trick or treating kids will leave us alone and watch a scary movie. I also realize there's no way to say that without sound heartless, but we really don't have the patience to sit by the door for 3 hours straight with 4 dogs that bark nonstop and want to charge the door every time the doorbell rings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, that's how Ty and I were before the chiddlers came along (except for the scary movies, I never watch those). Now I'm dressing up like Wonder Woman and passing out candy and interacting with the neighborhood kids on a pretty regular basis. It happens. :)

      Delete
  6. You look very cool in your costume.
    I too love the boots

    Good luck with your exams. I hope you do really well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.

      I think I did okay on the first exam. Hoping for a good one tomorrow too! :)

      Delete

Your comment is very important to me. Please stay online and your comments will be answered in the order received. :)