I know, I get an EPIC FAIL on my blogosphere report card. I have to be held back a year and possibly spend some time in detention.
I am WOEFULLY behind in the blogging world. I have no idea what's going on in anyone's lives. I don't know what you've been writing about, and I most definitely haven't been writing about anything that's been going on in my neck of the woods.
I will do my best to catch everyone up.
I've been going to school, as usual. I'm still only going part-time, because now that I'm in upper-division courses it's a lot easier to get good grades when I have only two classes to keep up with rather than four.
I am now quite sure of my major though, and will be attending a different school in the fall (that is, so long as they admit me again). I am hoping to be able to get into the Communication Sciences and Disorders undergraduate program and then go on to grad school for a Master's in Speech and Language Pathology. I feel amazing, it's so good to have a clear head and know where I'm going.
The kids are both great. CT really likes his new teacher since changing classes. He still talks in class sometimes, but he's working on it and overall he's been doing much better. His teacher is really kind and helpful, but she also has specific expectations for her students. It's a good balance, I think.
AJ is great, too. She's a little chatterbox, talking up a storm. She's such a smart little whip, she catches on to new things very quickly. She loves books and music, just like her mommy.
Ty and I bought our first new bed since our wedding. We got a new bed as a wedding gift, but that was almost eleven years ago. It was time to get something new. Now we have a beautiful, brand-new bed! AND we have upgraded from a queen size mattress to a king. So now, rather than tossing and turning trying to get comfortable, I fall asleep almost as soon as my head hits the pillow and I sleep like a rock until morning. It's a beautiful thing.
We also got a new dining room table, the first we've bought since we were married. It's so pretty! It's round, pub-height, and made out of solid wood. It normally seats four, but it has a butterfly leaf that we can fold out of the center of the table which extends it to seat six people if we need to. Yay!
Oh, and I may have found THE BEST SIGN EVER!!! It's possible that I may never find one better than this. I'll try, of course, but it might not happen.
While taking some stuff to the dump recently, we drove past this glorious sign. I was laughing hysterically for about ten minutes when I saw it:
BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Don't think it's hilarious? Give it a minute.
Okay, moving on...
Some of you may know that this is my 100th post. Some of you may also know that I promised all of you a video blog for my 100th post. All of you have probably noticed that this post is noticeably video free. Sorry about that.
If I'm being honest, I just don't know what the heck I would say sitting in front of a camera. I would be so nervous, and I ramble like a moron when I'm nervous. So...I have to confess that the main reason I haven't posted in so long is because I've been avoiding the video blog. It's lame, I know, but I can't help myself.
However, rather than getting yet another EPIC FAIL on my blogging report card, I'll just be somewhat...well...late. In stead of doing the video blog for my 100th post, I'll put it off until the 111th post. I will do my best to overcome my paralyzing fear of video cameras so I won't have to break my promise.
Besides, this gives y'all more time to ask me questions. If I have specific questions to answer, I won't be as nervous and I just might have something to say. (HINT HINT HINT!!!)
Anyway, that's my rant for now. Thanks for bearing with me.
Beware of signs...
ReplyDeleteit's enough to make your head explode ;)
OO! Okay! I got one! List your top five books of all time. Only five! No cheating!!
ReplyDeleteAnd congrats on the new bed! A good night's sleep is one of the most glorious things in the world. Better than chocolate. Better than bubble baths. Better than spa days. Ohhh yeah. I know what I'm saying, ladies. And I mean it.
Bryan: I know, right? It's so ridiculous it's brilliant!
ReplyDeleteNicki: That is definitely going to be a challenge, but I'll do my best!
Yes! It is definitely a real treat to be sleeping so well these days. Love it! :)
Sorry, I just noticed the overuse of he word " definitely". So upsetting!
DeleteCandice, you have been missing for so long I was about to try hunting you down like I had to do to find Doug, and believe me that was tricky business involving private detectives and a couple of shady thugs named Louie and Pallo.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, glad to see you back. And it better not take you eleven months to get to post number 111.
Question number 1: (or maybe I already asked one before and I've forgotten so you have to answer that one, too.) How many pairs of shoes do you own...really. No understating it to make yourself sound less shoe obsessed. I want the real number. And a video shot of them as proof.
2: explain, in detail, your very most awesome secretest recipe. (Yes. I expect this to be publicly broadcast across the interwebz because I loved your brownies and I want more to try.)
3: What would you say to a snake if he complimented your alligator handbag? (If you do not have an alligator handbag, then pretend you do and answer the question.)
That is all for now.
Chanel: I've been wondering what happened to Doug! Did you find him?
DeleteTell Louie and Pallo they can stop threatening my relatives. They're all kind of freaked out. :)
Good questions. I'm pretty sure it won't take me 11 months to get to post 111. I hope to be much better about posting from now on.
Yes. He was right where I thought he'd be.
DeleteBut he actually only decided to show himself because his wife told him his "people" were looking for him. We are his people, apparently.
I'll call them off, but I've got to tell you Pallo has a mind of his own and he sometimes chooses to ignore orders.
Thanks for the heads up. Pallo has definitely been insistent, but he usually calms down a bit when you give him cookies. :)
DeleteCandice!!!!!! running hug.
ReplyDeleteOh I have missed you. Congrats on your new big bed and your 100 posts.
Did you know I have moved?
“Lizard Happy”
Mynx! It's good to see you too! I do remember seeing that you'd moved, but I'm still trying to catch up with everyone. I'm subscribed to your new blog via email, but I'm still trying to see if I can get it to show up on my Blogger newsfeed. I'll figure it out, somehow! :)
Delete