Thursday, December 1, 2011

Stuck...

I'm on campus, at least a 30 minute drive away from home, and I don't know if I'll be able to get home at all for a while.

I don't know who pissed off Mother Nature here in Utah, but she's trying her best to blow every last one of us off the face of the earth today. People are losing roof shingles, trees, siding, and fences. Road signs have been blown away, metal posts are twisted and bent. Electricity is going on and off. Driving is a nightmare, and walking is even worse. Just walking across campus today, I was very nearly lifted off my feet and sent flying into several buildings.

My kids are at my mom's house, my dad stayed home from work today. My son's school was canceled. And here, on campus at the University, they've advised everyone to stay inside and out of the wind. I'm stuck, and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do when class is over. Will things calm down by then? I have no idea. Everyone just cross your fingers and pray that I will be able to get home today. I hate the idea of staying here all night, but the winds aren't supposed to give us any resemblance of a break until tomorrow.

Wish me luck, I'm definitely going to need it!

5 comments:

  1. You should stay put until it's safe...which it probably is by now...I'm late with my comment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you had to stay overnight, just think of it as a camping trip. Hopefully you brought the materials for s'mores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember, the safest place to be is in bed under the covers...

    Or in a big building with a heater.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! I'm late to the stranded party! I hope you made it home okay...or at least I hope you didn't resort to cannibalism if you were trapped for several days..

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is very important to me. Please stay online and your comments will be answered in the order received. :)