Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sweet Relief!

So, the last couple of days have been a little strange. Every time I've stepped outside since September started, I've been a little disoriented because I DIDN'T immediately begin melting in a sweltering, miserable heat that can only be compared with the fiery pits of Hell. It's been...well...PLEASANT outside, and I've liked it. A lot. Fall is my most favorite time of year, hands down.

I especially love the beginning of September. You know, that time of the year when the Fever of Summertime seems to break, and the air has a little edge to it that promises colored leaves and chilly breezes being mere weeks away. Sigh...I love it.

Anyway, poetic musings on the weather are over now. Moving on...

I had to drop one of my classes for this semester. It was for a few reasons, including the following: It was on Monday nights, and then I had two classes on Tuesday mornings. It was going to get pretty tough dealing with a schedule like that.

However, the most important reason I dropped the class: I didn't want to take it in the first place. I registered for the class just to make sure that I would have a full-time schedule this semester, even though it wasn't something I was interested in.

So I went to the first night of class, and it was NOT what I was expecting, it was ever so much worse. Then I tried doing the reading assignment, and the textbook was just a bunch of drivel that did NOT interest me at all. I knew I'd be miserable for the entire semester if I forced myself through that class, so I saved myself the stress and dropped it. Now I only have 3 classes to worry about, and I'm oh so much happier. Yay Candice!

We got the digital copies of our family pictures back. Leesh acually managed to capture some really good pictures, despite the fact that the young kids in the group had a hard time staying still and looking at the camera at the appropriate times. (Except for CT, of course. He's always had this supernatural ability to be awesome in situations like that).

Anyway, have a good day!

15 comments:

  1. Oh so cute indeed and your daughter is oh so huggable,yeah it's great that Caden's bruise can be edited out......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. But I still don't think you should photoshop any bruises. Life is life. Don't edit it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family is gorgeous and Adelle looks just like her beautiful mum.
    Good choice about the course, no use doing it if you are going to hate it.

    And I am happy that my September has started with gorgeous warm and sunny weather. It is Spring here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo-Anne: Thanks. And I can only say that digital photo editing is quite an amazing bit of technology. :)

    Brent: Well...if it makes you feel better, we'll probably just leave the bruise in the big group pictures. It's just the close-up we'll be editing, more for his sake than anyone else's. He'd be embarassed if we left it in.

    Mynx: Thanks. We're pretty cute, aren't we? :)

    It's strange that you should say that Adelle looks like me. Most people that know our family say she looks just like Tyler.

    I definitely have no regrets about dropping that course. I won't miss it one bit.

    My brother's going to be near your neck of the woods soon, in New Zealand. He's going to be heading from Summertime to Summertime. Crazy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It cooled off here as well. We went from the mid-90s on Friday to mid-60s today. Caden's bruise can be easily edited and Adelle is an absolute cutie. You have a great looking family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I left a comment here earlier about your boy's bruise smudging up my screen, but I don't think it went through. I got some kind of error message afterward. It was a brilliant comment, naturally, and frankly I think Blogger was kind of jealous of it and smote it out of envy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. George: It's good to see Autumn making its appearance in other places than here. That means it's really coming! :)

    Alicia (our photographer) actually did give us a sample picture with the bruise edited out. It's amazing what digital editing software can do! But I wanted to show you all his battle wound, as I made such a big stinking deal out of it in my last post.

    And yes, Adelle is a cutie. Irresistible, really. :)

    Bryan: I'm sure your lost comment was pure cleverness with a dash of sheer genius and wit. Who wouldn't be jealous? I'm just sad that I will now never know the joy of having such a comment on my blog. Sigh...

    Stupid Blogger Error Message! How dare you smite Bryan's comment? You're back on The List!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is going to sound like one of those fakesy blog comments that people type like "oh my goodness you are so FUNNY I just spit coffee all over my iPad lol lolo lolollollollol*" BUT I seriously wanted to hug my computer screen at those pictures. For realsies. Your family is ADORABLE. I love-love-love seeing you all and putting faces to the names and the stories.

    *I have no idea how the kids these days use "lol."


    Also, I think Adelle and Caden are gorgeous names. For serious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicki: Awwww...Thanks. My kids are pretty cute, aren't they? :) *Accepts virtual hugs*

    I love my kids' names too. They're perfect for each of them, and they both have special meaning to us.

    Also, I think "lol" is overused anyways. We should banish it forever! So shall it be written, so shall it be done! (I think. I'm not sure how you make these things official...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super cute family you have!!! The bruise adds character :) Your little girl has such a beautiful, beautiful name!

    I love your blog! It's so family friendly and so adorable! Hooray!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jen: Welcome! Thanks for your kind words.

    Caden's forehead certainly stands out. I love my daughter's name too. It suits her nicely.

    Anyway, thanks for visiting! I hope to see you around here again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute pics. And I would keep that bruise in the "official" picture. If nothing else, it is a talking point for the next 50 years.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Doug: Thanks. They did turn out quite nicely. It's kind of funny how it seems like all the guys want to keep the bruise in, but all the women want to edit it out of the "official" version. Interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  14. GORGEOUS family!! Those pictures totally made me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elizabeth: Thanks! They are pretty adorable, aren't they? :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is very important to me. Please stay online and your comments will be answered in the order received. :)