Wednesday, August 17, 2011

[Insert Post Title Here Because I Can't Think of One]

1) So...I've decided to create an award. No, it will not have any special rules. Okay, maybe one...but nothing too daunting I hope. It's just my way of expressing appreciation for my fellow bloggers. Yep. That's how nice I am. I haven't put it all together yet, but let's just say it will be making its appearance soon, so keep your eyes open! (Also, I am currently accepting bribes to help me choose the lucky bloggers who will be this award's first recipients!)
2) We took our son school shopping today. He's now the proud owner of a new "Phineas and Ferb" backpack, some nice new school clothes, and two new pairs of shoes. It's strange how quickly shopping can wear me out. Yes, I do occasionally get bitten by the "shopping bug" and enjoy a few hours of perusing and purchasing, but overall...it just makes me feel exhausted. [However, despite the tired-ness, tonight I did get a new pair of Converse Chuck slip-on shoes! They were on clearance! Woot!]
3) Poor Ty has been in misery lately. I don't mean that he's been in bed, howling for sympathy. That's just not his style. He's a real trooper, going about his usual business, but he's in a lot of pain. What is the cause of this pain, you ask? The dear man had one of his teeth pulled.

He had the offending molar filled back when we were first married, but the filling actually fell out just a few years later. It's been bothering him ever since, and he finally went in to try and get it fixed with a root canal. Sadly, the tooth was broken beyond any help, and he had to have it extracted. The resulting wound is taking its sweet time to heal though, so he has to suffer until it's done torturing him. Here's hoping that that will be soon!
4) Last but not least in this fit of rambling, I have made a prediction for the future of "America's Got Talent."
For those of you that don't know, Piers Morgan and Howie Mandel have been going head to head in an all-out verbal and mental brawl pretty much ever since Howie joined the Judges' panel. However, I think last night's show took their quiet war to a whole new level.

Last night, while watching the "Wild Card" episode, where the judges brought back 4 of their favorite overlooked acts for a second chance, Ty and I clearly saw what must have been something very near Piers' breaking point.

Howie brought back this RIDICULOUS act that was clearly not going to go through to the next round, simply because he KNEW that it would completely piss Piers off. Well, his diabolical plan worked flawlessly. It was as I watched Piers writhing in agony during this act's performance, with Howie watching Piers and laughing fit to burst that I made my prediction.

I turned to Ty and said: "You know, I think that it won't be long before 'America's Got Talent' breaks new ground with Piers Morgan..."

Ty, as though reading my mind, finished for me: "You mean by having the first ever publicly televised murder?"
I nodded, "You nailed it on the head!"
We both laughed a little, even though in my mind it is a very real concern. I mean, I know that in a lot of those reality type shows, even the smallest rivalries are trumped up far beyond truth for dramatic entertainment purposes. I really do know that. However...I just can't convince myself that the hatred between Piers and Howie is anything but very real. They try to gloss it over as best they can, but their pure, unadulterated animosity is pretty hard to miss.
Either way, just watch and see if I'm wrong. In the next year or so, I'd be willing to bet that Piers Morgan will either quit "America's Got Talent", or he'll go completely postal and brutally murder Howie Mandel on live television.

Personally, I think it's a toss up.

6 comments:

  1. Having a tooth out sucks and I have had a number of them out so Iknow what I am talking about.........lol

    For me shopping with my eldest daughter is an exercise in stress..........grrrr not something I like to do. Although I do like shopping if I am on my own not a big fan shopping with other people I end up doing what they want and not what I want to do.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there's a valid third option here... Piers goes postal and attacks Howie, but Sharon intercedes and murders them both just so that she can get a word in edgewise for once. Great post, I loved it baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it weird that I'm totally jealous of your son? I SO WANT A PHINEAS & FERB BACKPACK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JoAnne: I've never had a tooth pulled, but from what I've heard, it's pretty miserable. This tooth was actually Tyler's third extraction. Poor guy!

    I know what you mean about shopping alone. I'd rather be left to my own devices, because if I know people are waiting on me it just stresses me out.

    Tyler: Of course! How could I have left that one out! I'm totally rooting for Sharon now! :)

    Nicki: I KNOW!!! I'm totally jealous too! I just hope that they'll start making purses with Phineas and Ferb on them, because I'd totally buy one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love school shopping with my kids. Makes me feel important somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brent: It is pretty fun seeing how excited he gets about going to school with all of his new stuff. He can hardly wait for first grade! It's just hard to believe that it all starts up again on Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is very important to me. Please stay online and your comments will be answered in the order received. :)