Saturday, April 23, 2011

One Milestone, Two Awards, and...Freedom!!!

Milestone: This is my 60th Post! WooHoo!!!
Okay, celebration over. Moving on...
My good Blogging Friend, Chanel, has been very generous with the awards lately. I've received TWO of them from her in the last week! I'm not really sure how to handle such wealth, but I'll try my best.

First, I was awarded the "Cherry on Top Award". Apparently it's "For Beautiful Blogs with a little bit extra."



To be honest, I'm honored. Yes, you heard that right. Thanks Chanel (and your randomizer). :)

So, as is the typical case with these blogging awards, there are rules attached.

1) Link back to the person who gave you the award. (Done.)
2) List three things you like about yourself. (What, only three?)
3) Pass the award on to 5 other bloggers. (Okay, I can deal with that.)

So, let's start with three things I like about myself. Hmmmm...this may take awhile...

1) I like that I am musically inclined. I love to listen to music, sing, and play the guitar and piano. My guitar and piano playing are not exactly what a person could call "great", but I do have a pretty good voice, if I say so myself. Sadly, my voice has weakened quite a bit since I stopped taking voice lessons, but it still has its moments of musical glory.

2) I like that I am a gifted speller. Seriously, I'm good. I grew up being the family spellchecker because no one wanted to pull out a dictionary. Even with Microsoft Word and all of the automatic spellchecking out there, I was always the go-to speller in the house. It has actually continued into my marriage as well. When Ty is writing a paper or an e-mail or something, he will ask me to help him with spelling. It's actually gotten to the point where all he has to do is call out a word, and I will automatically spell it for him. (Yep. Classical conditioning at its best. Pavlov and his dogs would be SO proud.) Yeah, I actually love being the speller of the family. It gives me purpose. :)

3) I like that I can watch and thoroughly enjoy cartoons with my son. It's fun, and who says you have to stop loving cartoons after a certain age, anyway? (PS: Phineas and Ferb totally rock out loud. The End.)
Alright, time to pass this on to 5 more lucky people. I think I'm going to take a page out of Chanel's book and use the randomizer. I'm using the first 5 names on the randomized list. Anyway...here goes...

The Cupcake goes to (In alphabetical order)...
Chanel
Charlie
Doug
George
Mynx
Congratulations everyone! Now don't go dropping that cupcake and getting frosting all over yourselves! If you didn't get a cupcake this round, don't be sad. Blame the randomizer.
_____________________________________________
Oh, and speaking of randomness, according to a band-name generator that I found, the following could be the name of our band (should we ever choose to start one):

Many Of The Sniffing

Low Demi

Gourmet Barn

Soulful Apple

Roman Challenge

Sponge Gin

Mammoth Jug

Intelligent Spleen

Illicit Britney

Defending Treason

Yep. I think they could work nicely, don't you?
__________________________________________
Alright, moving on...

Chanel has also chosen to personally honor me with The Overlord(ess) Award! Woot!AWESOME! I definitely need to put some thought into this one...



Okay, rules to be followed:
1) List three things you would change if you were Overlord(ess).
2) List ten blogs worthy of world domination. (I will be cheating on this one...)

3) Contact them about their award. (I may skip this step. Sorry, I just figure that the people who REALLY deserve the award will be reading this post anyway. Am I right?)
Anyway, now it is time for me to reveal three (of the many) things that I would change when I become Overlordess Candice, Ruler of the Universe. BwaHaHaHa!!!

1) All bigots, racists, and haters of every kind will be gathered up and shipped off (in tiny cages) to a place that I like to call "Haters' Island". It's a desert island in the middle of the deepest, darkest, most shark-infested ocean in the world.

In this secluded place, these people will be allowed to hate as much as they want. But if they try to leave, armed guards will chum the water, calling all hungry sharks to the area. Yeah, they won't get far.
Also, the Haters will be required to have mandatory vasectomies/tube-tying and leave their young children behind to be taught in the ways of tolerance and acceptance. The dark, ugly pattern of hate that has existed for far too long in this world will die with the jerks on the island, never to be perpetuated again.

2) All drunk drivers--after their first offense**--will be sentenced to a life of being driven everywhere they go by their moms in the geekiest minivans to be found. This minivan will be emblazoned with bright red letters proclaiming:
"Convicted Drunk Driver Being Driven Around By His/Her Mom. Everyone Point and Laugh." (The pointing and laughing will be vital to the sentence. Humiliation always makes a punishment more effective.)
In addition to the minivan, these people will be forced to take regular doses of Antabuse. This is an actual drug that will make the person violently ill anytime they come into contact with any kind of alcohol.
**(People can drink in my Universe--that's their business and I'm a reasonable Overlordess. They just need to take a taxi home at the end of the night.)**
3) Finally, as Supreme Overlordess, I would outlaw calories. Yes, you read that right. The richest, most exquisite desserts will no longer be off-limits. No one will be able to gain any extra weight, thus eliminating any guilt that might accompany the enjoyment of their favorite comfort foods. You're welcome, Ladies.

Now, to pass this on to 10 (cough, cough) other bloggers...You know what? I'm kind of on a power trip right now. I'm passing this on to 5 other bloggers. The bloggers that I believe will be the most excellent of Overlords/Overlordesses. Here they are, in no particular order:
Chanel: She has already proven herself to be worthy of the title of Overlordess. I would like to see what else she would change in a world controlled by Chanel. (Besides, if she becomes Overlordess, I'll be her second in command. It's a win-win for me.)
Mynx: I am immensely curious to see how she would use the awesome power that would be placed into her oh-so capable hands as Overlordess of the Universe.
Bryan: Because he SEEMS like such an kind, innocent sort of person. It's always the quiet ones that manage to be the most power-hungry and ambitious Overlords!

The Empress: Oh come on! It's a GIVEN!!! She's THE EMPRESS!!! Besides, I'd REALLY like to know what she plans to do with limitless power...

Doug: When he's President, I'll be his Vice President. So when he goes on to being the High Overlord of the Universe, it only makes sense that he'll bring me along, right? RIGHT?!?!?

Oh, alright. One more:

Elizabeth: Because she's awesome. And a fantastic writer. I'd LOVE to read the novels she'd write from the perspective of Supreme Overlordess Elizabeth. The sales for those books would outstrip the entire Twilight series in a week! (That's a brilliant idea. You owe me for that one, Elizabeth!) ;)

Okay, now that I've discharged my Awarding duties, I will now take a moment to give you all an update regarding what's going on in my life right now:

SPRING SEMESTER IS OFFICIALLY OVER AND I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT SCHOOL AGAIN UNTIL THE END OF AUGUST!!!! WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!! CEEEELLLL-E-BRATE GOOD TIMES, COME ON!!!

Okay, I'm done now. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, everyone. :)

17 comments:

  1. *Steals Mynx's cupcake and runs off*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drake! How could you? Sigh...Well, I guess I won't get in the way. The cupcake is yours unless Mynx decides to fight you for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good thing he didn't steal MY cupcake. There would be a war on. You do realize that he just totally yoinked an Overlord(ess)'s cupcake, right? Do you think she's going to stand for that?

    As for the cupcake...thank you. I think Doug will now have to like the Randomizer since it chose him.

    It's good that you love music! I love music! It's like we're blogging twins or something! Whoo!

    I'm also the family speller. The other day my mother actually called me and asked me how to spell appreciate. Apparently it just looked wrong in her phone the way she was trying to spell it. She also asked about gourmet. I suppose that one is kind of tricky.

    If you stick all of those haters on the island you'll be taking away a lot of extremely religious people. And I'm not picking on any one religion here. There are SEVERAL religions that teach people to be intolerant of other people. Your island will be VERY crowded, but I like your thinking!

    And the drunk drivers...AMEN, SISTA! (Borrowing that from Jenna.)

    I'm not really much of a calorie counter, anyway. Sometimes I want cake and I'll eat a little piece of it and then say, "No more, Chanel. Harm springs from excess." But if there will never be any weight gain that you don't WANT...

    Then sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chanel: Oh, I'm sure Mynx will do her best to regain the pilfered cupcake, don't you worry. :)

    You're welcome. You deserve the cupcake, and the Overlordess Crown--And just because I am oh so generous, I will exempt you from passing both of the awards on all over again. You may do it if you wish, just know that you don't have to.

    I too have noticed that we seem to be blogosphere twins. It's fun. Music has always been a big part of my life. It's something that I've always been very grateful for. Love the spelling thing, too. Gifted spellers, UNITE!!! U-N-I-T-E!!!

    Don't worry, "Haters' Island" will be HUGE, and fully conducive to all haters being able to continue practicing their religions as they so choose. Fortunately, I'll mostly just be removing the worst of the zealots from society at large. From what I've seen, just about ALL religions seem to have haters of some kind, but alongside those haters there are usually good, caring people who are very tolerant and accepting toward others. Those good religious people are welcome to stay in society, but the haters are outta here!

    Yeah, drunk drivers are irresponsible and selfish. The punishments need to be much harsher for them, in my opinion. Also, the banning calories thing is brilliant, so far as I'm concerned. I'm a junk food junkie, and I could use all the help I can get.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the semester end. Thanks for the award, I will post about it later today.
    It would be nice to strand those people on an Island, but let's be honest no one would be left. We are all prejudicial in some way, if we are really honest. I agree with you on the drunk drivers, they need to be a lot tougher on the repeat offenders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. George: Thanks for the congratulations! I'm really looking forward to taking the Summer off.

    You're welcome for the award. I'm sure you will do full justice to the cupcake. :)

    I guess you're right about haters being everywhere. It's like that song in "Avenue Q": "Everyone's a little bit racist sometimes..." It's a funny song if you've never heard it.

    I'm glad to see that most people seem to agree with me about drunk drivers. They need a real beat-down!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It doesn't matter how big of an Island you stick them on. If they're the truly insane batsh** crazy zealots they're all going to kill each other anyway because they all hate everyone! That's why they're there.

    Either way, they'll be destroyed. Especially since they won't be able to reproduce with one another to pass on the haterade on to their offspring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chanel: Exactly! That's the brilliance of the plan! I think if I ever become Overlordess of the Universe, you should totally be my Chief of Security, as well as my Co-Overlordess. Can't you see it? You'd be in charge of your own army! Woot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not to get all serious and stuff, but does anyone set out to become a drunk driver? Do people go around bragging, "Yeah, and I barely escaped just flying over that cliff last night. I had a blast." Because if they do, it's those people who need to be shipped away for good.

    and back to silliness...I tried watching Phineas and Ferb with my daughters once. It could have been worse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brent: I certainly HOPE no one sets out to be a drunk driver. That's just unintelligent.

    Phineas and Ferb is awesomeness!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, I'm a new follower, I found you through George and I agree, you're a cool bloggie. I'm a teacher too, not something to shout out loud lately....Congrats on finishing up the year, I've a bout 6 weeks left.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I literally just found your blog and Chanel's through George's blog! I'm so glad I did! I hope you can stop by mine sometime. :)

    I'll be happily following your blog now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alessandra: Welcome! I'm thrilled to have you here! And thank you for the compliment. I do try. Good luck with the rest of your school year! :)

    Frisky Virgin: A big welcome to you as well. I will gladly be looking at your blog just as soon as I finish typing this comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chanel is right. I like the randomizer now. And I suppose I can make you vice-overlord in charge of cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. *rings a bell and waits for Candice to salivate and spell something*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Doug: I'm glad to see that you and the randomizer are friends now. I knew you could be reasonable.

    Vice-Overlord in charge of cookies? I guess I could do that. Can I be in charge of brownies too?

    Nicki: S-O-M-E-T-H-I-N-G. Something.

    *Wipes saliva from chin with napkin*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Look out, world! We're taking over!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is very important to me. Please stay online and your comments will be answered in the order received. :)