Saturday, October 16, 2010

Is There a Doctor in the House?

My eyes have gone completely insane.
I have no idea what is causing these symptoms, but I'm afraid to look them up on the internet for fear of finding out that it's something incurable or dangerous. Anyway, if anyone out there knows anything about eye conditions...here's what's been going on:

Things are pretty normal, until one day my eyes start to get a little sore. Suddenly, they both break out and the "whites" go from white to red. (I basically look like a crack addict who hasn't slept in weeks) Over the next few days, my eyes continue to hurt a LOT, feeling like they will explode from all the pressure, and the redness slowly dissipates. For those first few days, my eyes are VERY sensitive to light.

After those first few days, the vision in one or both of my eyes is rather fuzzy, especially in the light, but I am able to focus quite well on the pages of books, and other things that I am viewing close-up. The pain is gone by now, but my vision is still fuzzy. It kind of feels like there's a film on my eye that I can't get rid of, which is making everything all blurry.

So...anyone have any idea what's going on here? I'm not entirely sure I want to know. It's happened before, and it cleared up for several weeks before the whole "red demon eyes" happened and the cycle started all over again.

I'm pretty sure that this whole thing is a combination of stress, eye-strain (caused by the fact that my eyes have been taking a lot more abuse since I started going back to school), and lack of sleep. Sinus pressure may have something to do with it, too.

Anyone else have any ideas? I'm kind of losing it here.

5 comments:

  1. While I sure "demon eyes" would come in handy for Halloween, what you are suffering through doesn't sound like much fun. Here is to a speedy recovery! Big hugs to you!!

    http://rantersbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you might need to go visit a doctor sweet lady. You will feel better for finding out. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetie, I have done it again and given you an award. Come See :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my friends actually did have some symptoms like yours, and she ignored them and put contacts in despite how uncomfortable they were. She ended up going to the doctor and there was some kind of infection and she had to put this stuff in her eye every thirty minutes and she had to sit in the dark for two days with not even the TV for company because she had to let them heal.

    Of course, it could just be allergies. Padawan sometimes has evil red eyes for a few days, but Visine is effective for dealing with that.

    You should go see the eye doctor (optometrist?) and see what she says.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Empress, Mynx, and Chanel: Thank you for your support and input. I think you (and my husband, mother, sister...)are all right, I just need to suck it up and go the the freaking doctor. Sigh...I'll let you know how it goes. Hugs to all of you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is very important to me. Please stay online and your comments will be answered in the order received. :)